Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Awards
The Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Award is a distinction which befits the best of our academic colleagues at The University of Texas Health Science Center. Nominations will be accepted from deans, department chairs, and division heads, and be limited to one per department/division. The Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar Award Committee will also reserve the prerogative to nominate scholars. In addition to the honor of being designated a Presidential Distinguished Senior Research Scholar, recipients of the Award are given a cash award of $5,000.
The following criteria are used in nominations and evaluations of nominees:
- Major contributions to theory, research and/or practice.
- Significant contributions to the scientific literature
- National and/or international reputation.
- Sustained record of extramural support.
- Highest standards of professionalism
- Significant contributions to research at UT Health Science Center San Antonio
Data to be included with the nominations:
- Curriculum Vitae in UT Health Science Center San Antonio format.
- Letter of support from the nominator.
Nominations for the Award are solicited from deans, department chairs and division heads by means of a memorandum from the President. Nominators are asked to submit a letter of support and a copy of the nominee's current curriculum vitae to Academic, Faculty, & Student Affairs (AFSA) office. The AFSA office will then submit the names of the nominees to the Committee for review.
For more information, please visit the following pages: