Periodontics Residency Certificate Admissions Requirements
- Our residency program will participate in Phase I of the Match during the Fall 2018 application cycle (for students who will start the residency in June 2019). Applicants must register with the Match program. The Match and ADEA PASS share a registration portal for applicants, so applicants who want to register for the Match must go to the ADEA PASS website to complete the Match registration process. Applicants will be charged the Match registration fee at that time. For more information, go to Match website.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1. This is the deadline for all application materials, including those submitted to ADEA PASS. NOTE: the first step in using PASS is for the applicant to register and pay your PASS registration fee. Nothing will happen at PASS until you have paid and are registered.
- Interviews for our program will be held during late August and September. Applicants and programs will submit rank order lists to the Match in late October to early November. Final results of the Match are released to applicants and programs in late November. See the Match web site for further details.
- Application through ADEA PASS (ADEA PASS application materials are accepted in mid-May)
- Official Transcripts uploaded to ADEA PASS (all colleges, dental school). If you have attended a non-U.S. college/university, it is required that all international transcripts be evaluated by either ECE or WES foreign credentialing services. We do not allow international applicants to use any credential evaluation services other than ECE (Education Credential Evaluators) or WES (World Education Services).
- Three Professional Evaluation Forms (Letters of Recommendation) uploaded to ADEA PASS
- Institution Evaluation Form (formerly called the Dean’s Letter) submitted by the Dean’s Office to ADEA PASS. This form will include GPA, Class Rank and National Board Examination scores.
- GRE and/or ADAT scores uploaded to ADEA PASS. All applicants who graduated from a dental school not accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation are required to take either the GRE or the Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT); applicants may take both exams if they desire but must take at least one. GRE scores taken more than 5 years before the application date will not be accepted.
- While not mandatory for applicants from CODA-accredited dental schools, ADAT or GRE exam are still recommended, especially for applicants from schools that do not rank or provide grades.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) scores uploaded to ADEA PASS, for international applicants. We do not accept the IELTS test. A minimum TOEFL iBT test score of 92 is required for application consideration. TOEFL test scores taken more than 3 years before application date will not be accepted.
- Application for Admission form for the Graduate Periodontics Residency Program. (Submitted directly to program office at the address listed on the form)
- A brief curriculum vitae-submitted directly to our office.
- Applicants who are Permanent Residents of the U.S. must provide a certified copy of both the front and back sides of their federal Green Card. All international students must provide their full legal name as it appears on immigration documents. Send copies directly to the program office, Attn: Shirley Kraft
- Send a scanned copy of the following to the program office at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- NBDE scores
- GRE scores (if applicable)
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- ADAT scores (if applicable)
- Application Fee of $50.00. We only accept checks or cashier’s checks. The check must be in U.S. Dollars and must be issued by an American bank. Please make the check out to “Department of Periodontics” and send the check to the following address:
Brian L. Mealey, DDS, MS
Graduate Program Director
Dept. of Periodontics - MSC 7894
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
August 1 for all materials, including those submitted to ADEA PASS (We will not accept any late application materials).