Periodontics Residency Certificate Admissions Requirements
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 1. This is the deadline for all application materials, including those submitted to ADEA PASS (ignore ADEA PASS deadline dates)
- Application through ADEA PASS (ADEA PASS application materials are accepted in mid-May)
- Official Transcripts uploaded to ADEA PASS (all colleges, dental school). If you have attended a non-U.S. college/university, it is required that all international transcripts be evaluated by either ECE or WES foreign credentialing services. We do not allow international applicants to use any credential evaluation services other than ECE (Education Credential Evaluators) or WES (World Education Services).
- Three Professional Evaluation Forms (Letters of Recommendation) uploaded to ADEA PASS
- Institution Evaluation Form (formerly called the Dean’s Letter) submitted by the Dean’s Office to ADEA PASS. This form will include GPA, Class Rank and National Board Examination scores.
- GRE scores uploaded to ADEA PASS. GRE scores are required for all applicants who graduated from a dental school not accredited by Commission on Dental Accreditation. GRE scores are recommended for all applicants, especially those from schools that do not rank or provide grades. GRE scores taken more than 5 years before the application date will not be accepted.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) scores uploaded to ADEA PASS, for international applicants. We do not accept the IELTS test. A minimum TOEFL iBT test score of 92 is required for application consideration. TOEFL test scores taken more than 3 years before application date will not be accepted.
- ADAT exam scores uploaded to ADEA PASS (beginning in 2017 application cycle)
- Application for Admission form for the Graduate Periodontics Residency Program. (Submitted directly to program office at the address listed on the form)
- A brief curriculum vitae-submitted directly to our office.
- Applicants who are Permanent Residents of the U.S. must provide a certified copy of both the front and back sides of their federal Green Card. All international students must provide their full legal name as it appears on immigration documents. Send copies directly to the program office, Attn: Shirley Kraft
- Send a scanned copy of the following to the program office at email@example.com:
- NBDE scores
- GRE scores (if applicable)
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- ADAT scores (beginning in 2017)
- Application Fee of $50.00. At this time we only accept checks or cashier’s checks. The check must be in U.S. Dollars and must be issued by an American bank. Please make the check out to “Department of Periodontics” and send the check to the following address:
Brian L. Mealey, DDS, MS
Graduate Program Director
Dept. of Periodontics - MSC 7894
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Tuition & Fees
$3,320 as of 2015-2016, subject to change.
Total cost of attendance