Admissions information for the paramedic program
All application materials, the application fee, official transcripts, and all supporting documents must be submitted to the UT Health Science Center Office of the Registrar.
- All applicants must meet the basic requirements for admission to the Department of Emergency Health Sciences. Admission to any EHS program does not guarantee eligibility for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians or certification by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of the Texas Common Application
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee
- First-time College Students: Submit documentation of high school diploma or GED. Note: The EMT Paramedic program is exempt from the Texas Success Initiative requirements
- Documentation of EMT certification. Students who are currently enrolled in an EMT course or who have completed EMT coursework and are engaged in the credentialing process should provide a statement to this effect
- Submission of official transcripts from each college and university currently or previously attended
- Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course
- International Applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet)
All documents must be completed and received by June 1 for admission in August.
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted your Texas Common Application online, electronically send or mail all required official documentation to:
UTHSCSA Office of the Registrar
Mail Code 7702, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
For more information
About admission requirements or application process: Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs:
About the program: Contact the Emergency Health Sciences Student Administrative Assistant, Consuelo Sandoval, or see the UT Health Science Center San Antonio course catalog.