Doctor of Physical Therapy
Priority Deadline: September 15, 2017
Final Deadline: October 2, 2017
All application materials, fees, official transcripts, and supporting documents must be submitted to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) by the deadline.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree at a college/university by June 1 of the year of program entry.
- Complete prerequisites coursework (47 hours) by June 1 of the year of program entry. Required grades of C or above. All science courses must be designated for science or pre-allied health majors:
- Human Anatomy & lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Human or Mammalian Physiology & lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Biology I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Upper-Level Biology with lab or Biology II with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Chemistry I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Chemistry II with lab or Organic Chemistry with lab or Biochemistry with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Physics I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Physics II with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Introduction to Psychology or General Psychology, 3 semester credit hours
- Developmental Psychology or Motor Development or Human Development (must cover the lifespan), 3 semester credit hours
- Introduction to Sociology or Social Psychology or Cultural Anthropology, 3 semester credit hours
- Speech — Public Speaking, 3 semester credit hours
- Statistics (math, sociology or psychology), 3 semester credit hours
* Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II also accepted with corresponding labs.
- Overall GPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Science/Math Prerequisite GPA of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official scores. GRE Code for PTCAS 7558. No minimum score required. See PTCAS for instructions.
- Completion of a Medical Terminology Course (college/university or online certification course)
- A minimum of 50 hours of observation, volunteer, or employment under the general supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist. Please report hours on PTCAS with electronic verification - see PTCAS for instructions.
- Two Letters of Reference - at least one from a licensed Physical Therapist
- Personal written statement/essay - found online in the PTCAS application
- Personal resume including previous work experience, honors, awards, extracurricular activities, and community service experience - upload to PTCAS. See PTCAS for complete instructions
- Completion of the Physical Therapy Supplemental Application – upload to PTCAS
- Payment of the $60.00 non-refundable supplemental application fee via the online portal Cashnet
- Submission of all official transcripts from each individual college/university currently or previously attended - must be mailed directly to PTCAS (see PTCAS for instructions)
- Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. Transcripts from institutions outside the U.S. must be submitted in the original language and accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course.
- Applicants should read and understand the core competency standards and disability accommodation procedures document.
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet)
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted your PTCAS application online, electronically send or mail all required official documentation to (see PTCAS website for full instructions):
P.O. Box 9112
Watertown, MA 02471
For additional application submission questions, please contact PTCAS Customer Support at 617-612-2040, M-F (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern Time) or email@example.com
For more information about admission requirements
Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs: