Admissions information for the EMT - Basic program
Update: At this time, the EMT-Basic program is available to fire department and military personnel only.
All applicants must meet the basic requirements for admission to the UT Health Science Center San Antonio Department of Emergency Health Sciences. Costs for the background check, medical insurance and immunizations are paid by the applicant.
If a student is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor at any time during enrollment in any Emergency Health Sciences program, the student must inform the chair and clinical coordinator in writing and submit a current background check.
Note: Admission to any Emergency Health Sciences program does not guarantee eligibility for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians or certification by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Completion of the ApplyTexas Application
- All applicants must meet the basic requirements for admission to the Department of Emergency Health Sciences. Admission to any EHS program does not guarantee eligibility for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians or certification by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- 18 years of age by program completion/graduation date
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee
- First-time college students: Submit official high school transcripts or submit your official GED. Note: The EMT Basic program is exempt from the Texas Success Initiative requirements.
- Official transcripts from each college and university currently or previously attended.
- Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES members evaluation agency English translation
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet)
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted your ApplyTexas application online, electronically send or mail all required official documentation to:
UTHSCSA Office of the University Registrar
Mail Code 7702, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
For more information
About admission requirements and application process: Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs:
About the program: Contact the Emergency Health Sciences Student Administrative Assistant, Consuelo Sandoval, or see the UT Health Science Center San Antonio course catalog. Phone: 210-567-8760
About the status of submitted application materials: Contact the UT Health Science Center San Antonio Office of the University Registrar: Long Campus, Room 317L MED
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed holidays.