Admissions information for the EMT - Basic program
Attention: At this time, the EMT-Basic program is available to fire department and military personnel only.
All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be reviewed for admission to the UT Health San Antonio Department of Emergency Health Sciences. Costs for the background check, medical insurance and immunizations are paid by the applicant.
Note: Admission to any Emergency Health Sciences program does not guarantee eligibility for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians or certification by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Complete and Submit ApplyTexas online Application
- 18 years of age by program completion/graduation date
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Pay non-refundable application fee
- First-time college students: Submit official high school transcripts or submit your official GED. Note: The EMT Basic program is exempt from the Texas Success Initiative requirements.
- Official transcripts from each college and university currently or previously attended.
- Applicants enrolled in college courses at the time of application, must submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript is required upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES members evaluation agency English translation
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet)
- If a student is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor at any time during enrollment in any Emergency Health Sciences program, the student must inform the chair and clinical coordinator in writing and submit a current background check.
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted the ApplyTexas online application, send all required official documentation to:
UT Health San Antonio University Registrar
7703 Floyd Curl Dr. - Mail Code 7702
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
For more information about requirements and application process
About admission requirements and application process:
Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs:
About the program:
Contact the Emergency Health Sciences Student Administrative Assistant, Consuelo Sandoval, or see the UT Health San Antonio course catalog.