Admissions information for the Master of Occupational Therapy program
2017 Program Entry: July 19, 2016 – October 14, 2016
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree at a college/university by the end of fall semester prior to 2017 program entry
- All applicants must complete the program prerequisites listed belowby the end of the fall semester prior to the year of program entry and no grade less than C will be accepted:
- Human Anatomy & lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Human Physiology & lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Physics I, 3 semester credit hours
- Kinesiology - Principles & Dynamics of Movement, 3 semester credit hours
- Abnormal Psychology, 3 semester credit hours
- Developmental Psychology, 3 semester credit hours
- Any Sociology lecture or Anthropology lecture, 3 semester credit hours
- Statistics, 3 semester credit hours
- Medical Terminology, 1 semester credit hour
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Submission of the MOT Documentation of Experience form - see OTCAS for instructions. A minimum of 40 hours of observation, volunteer or employment under the general supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist are required
- Two letters of recommendation - see OTCAS for instructions
- Completion of the online application through the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
- Completion of the Occupational Therapy Supplemental Application through OTCAS. See OTCAS for instructions.
- Payment of the $60.00 non-refundable supplemental application fee via the online portal Cashnet
- Submission of all official transcripts from each individual college/university currently or previously attended. See OTCAS for instructions (do not send transcripts to UT Health Science Center at San Antonio).
- Note: Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. All prerequisite coursework and the completion of your bachelor’s degree are required in December prior to the year of program entry. Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet).
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted your OTCAS application online, electronically send or mail all required official documentation to (see OTCAS website for full instructions):
P.O. Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
For additional application submission questions, please contact OTCAS Customer Service at 617-612-2860 (M-F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern Time) or email@example.com.
For more information
About admission requirements: Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs:
About the program: Contact the Occupational Therapy Department, or see the UT Health Science Center San Antonio course catalog.