Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) - Admission Requirements Checklist
Application Period for MOT Class of 2016 Program Entry: August 1 – November 1, 2015
Admission Requirements Checklist – Deadline: November 1, 2015
- Completion of a bachelor degree from a college/university by the end of the fall semester prior to 2016 summer admission.
- Completion of all prerequisite coursework by the end of the fall semester prior to 2016 summer admission.
- Human Anatomy Lecture & Laboratory (4 semester credit hours)
- Human Physiology Lecture & Laboratory (4 semester credit hours)
- Physics I Lecture (3 semester credit hours)
- Kinesiology Lecture - Principles & Dynamics of Movement (3 semester credit hours)
- Abnormal Psychology Lecture (3 semester credit hours)
- Developmental Psychology Lecture (3 semester credit hours)
- Sociology Lecture OR Anthropology Lecture (3 semester credit hours)
- Statistics (3 semester credit hours)
- Medical Terminology course (1 semester credit hour)
Note: Please review this program's frequently asked questions (FAQs) for additional details.
For specific prerequisite course equivalencies, please utilize the approved UT Health Science Center at San Antonio MOT Prerequisite Equivalency Chart.
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum of 40 hours of observation, volunteer, or employment under the general supervision of a licensed
- Occupational Therapist – documented using the MOT Documentation of Experience form.
- Two Letters of Recommendation – See OTCAS for instructions
- International Applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores with at least a score of 560 (paper) 68 (Internet) – See OTCAS for instructions
Application Requirements Checklist – Deadline: November 1, 2015
- Occupational Therapist Centralized Application Service (OTCAS) – completed online application
- Completion of the Occupational Therapy Supplemental Application – emailed to SHPwelcome@uthscsa.edu
- All Official Transcripts from each college/university –See OTCAS for instructions (Do not send transcripts to UT Health Science Center San Antonio)
Note: Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language to a
NACES Members Evaluation agency for an English translation and then must be submitted to CASPA.
- Two Letters of Recommendation completed – See OTCAS for instructions
- Observation Hours (minimum 40 hours) with a licensed Occupational Therapist – documented using the MOT Documentation of Experience form – see OTCAS for instructions
Payment of the $60.00 non-refundable supplemental application fee via the online portal CashNet
All documents and payments must be completed and received by November 1, 2015 for admission in May 2016.
For additional application submission questions please contact OTCAS at:
OTCAS Customer Support: 617-612-2860, M-F (9am-5pm Eastern Time) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Documents (if you are accepted) to the Master of Occupational Therapy program:
If you are made an official offer for the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program, all of the following items are required:
- Non-refundable $250.00 SHP Tuition Deposit to secure each student’s seat for the MOT Class of 2016 entry.
- Directions for this process will be sent to accepted students.
- Completion of a background check. Directions for this process will be sent to accepted students.
- Completion of a Health Provider CPR course approved by the American Heart Association. – additional instructions coming soon
- All official documents must be completed and received at least 30 days prior to Registration by the UT Health Science Center San Antonio:
- All Immunization records: Immunization requirements can be found at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Student Health Center Web Page see form for full instructions and send to the Student Health Center
- Note: The Hepatitis B Immunization series can takes between 4 to 6 months to complete.
- Evidence of current health insurance showing dates of coverage. Unless proof of proper insurance coverage is provided before the first day of classes, students will be charged for a health insurance policy through the university. The fee for this policy is non-removable once the payment due date passes and is non-refundable once paid. Directions for this process will be sent to accepted students.
No exceptions. Please plan early as some documents can take up to 6 months to complete.
Additional Questions and Information:
Before you contact us, please review our frequently asked questions (FAQs) section first for the MOT program.
Applicants seeking academic advisement prior to application are encouraged to visit with their college counselors or contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs (OASP). School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs: email@example.com or 210-567-6220/Toll-Free 1-866-802-6288
Additional information about the Master of Occupational Therapy degree program: firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-567-8881
Additional information regarding required documents if you are accepted to the MOT program procedures contact the: UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Registrar’s Office: email@example.com or 210-567-2621