Admissions information for the Master of Science in Respiratory Care program
Fall 2017 application is now open.
Deadline: June 15, 2017
All application materials, the application fee, official transcripts, and all supporting documents must be submitted to the UT Health Science Center Office of the Registrar by the deadline.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in any major from a college or university prior to program entry.
- All applicants must complete the program prerequisites listed below and no grade less than C will be accepted.
- Anatomy & Physiology I with lab and Anatomy & Physiology II with lab or Anatomy I with Lab and Physiology I with lab, 8 semester credit hours
- Any Chemistry with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Any Physics with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Microbiology with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Statistics Lecture or Statistics for Psychology Lecture (3 semester credit hours)
- Overall GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Two Letters of Recommendation – attesting for applicant’s readiness for graduate level studies
- Personal interview with program faculty
- Completion of the ApplyTexas Application
- Payment of the non-refundable $60 application fee
- Submission of all official transcripts from each individual college/university currently or previously attended.
- Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course.
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet).
- Submit the following documents and information to the Office of the University Registrar at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (see mailing address below).
- All official transcripts from each individual college/university attended
- Two letters of recommendation
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted your Texas Common Application online, electronically send or mail all required official documentation to:
UTHSCSA Office of the Registrar
Mail Code 7702, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
For more information about admission requirements or application process
Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs