Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
Spring Admissions: November 1
Fall Admissions: March 1
- Completion of the online application through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Services (CSDCAS)
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution*
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities currently or previously attended. See CSDCAS for instructions (do not send transcripts to UT Health San Antonio).
- Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a NACES member transcript evaluation for review
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Required prerequisite coursework of basic human communication include:
- Introduction to Audiology
- Phonetics and normal articulation
- Normal language development
- Anatomy and physiology of speech and hearing
- Speech and hearing science
- A minimum of three semester credit hours per course must be completed in the following prerequisite basic science coursework:
- Behavioral/Social Science
- Biological Science
- Physical Science
- Official GRE scores took less than 5 years ago. GRE code is 2156
Required minimum Scores Verbal reasoning 150 Quantitative reasoning 147 Analytical writing 2.50
- Three letters of recommendation and a personal statement are required attesting to the applicant’s readiness for graduate level studies
- International applicants are required to submit an official TOEFL score to CSDCAS for review. Applicants require a TOFEL score of 68 or above to be eligible for admissions review.
*Applicants are required to complete and submit a supplemental information form.
For more information about admission requirements