Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences
Fall 2017 application is now open.
Deadline: June 15, 2017
All application materials, the application fee, official transcripts, and supporting documents must be submitted to the UT Health San Antonio Office of the Registrar by the deadline for fall admission.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in any major from a college or university prior to program entry; no prior health care experience needed
- Completion of program prerequisites and requirements as listed below. A minimum grade of "C" or higher is required in all prerequisite coursework. All science courses must be designated for science majors.
- General Chemistry I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- General Chemistry II with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Biology I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Biology II, 3 semester credit hours
- Microbiology with lab (upper division), 4 semester credit hours
- General Physiology or Human Physiology (upper division), 3 semester credit hours
- Genetics, 3 semester credit hours
- Organic Chemistry I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Statistics (math, science or psychology), 3 semester credit hours
- Precalculus, 3 semester credit hours
- Overall GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Overall science GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of the Allied Health Centralized Application Services
- Payment of the non-refundable $95 application fee
- Submission of Two reference letters completed by former instructors (preferably science instructors) or employers
- Interview with program faculty
- Submission of official transcripts from each individual college/university currently or previously attended. Submit official transcripts to the UT Health San Antonio Office of University Registrar. Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course.
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 80 (Internet).
After submitting your online application
Once you have submitted your Texas Common Application online, electronically send or mail all required official documentation to:
UT Health San Antonio Office of University Registrar
Mail Code 7702, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
For more information about admission requirements or application process
Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs