Admissions information for the Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences program
Fall 2017 application is now open.
Deadline: June 15, 2017
All application materials, the application fee, official transcripts, and all supporting documents must be submitted to the UT Health Science Center Office of the Registrar by the deadline for fall admission.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in any major from a college or university prior to program entry; no prior health care experience needed
- Completion the program prerequisites and requirements below. Minimum grade of "C" or higher in all prerequisite coursework. All science courses must be designated for science majors.
- General Chemistry I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- General Chemistry II with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Biology I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Biology II, 3 semester credit hours
- Microbiology with lab (upper division), 4 semester credit hours
- General Physiology or Human Physiology (upper division), 3 semester credit hours
- Genetics, 3 semester credit hours
- Organic Chemistry I with lab, 4 semester credit hours
- Statistics (math, science or psychology), 3 semester credit hours
- Precalculus, 3 semester credit hours
- Overall GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Overall science GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completion of the Texas Common Application
- Payment of the non-refundable $60 application fee
- Two reference forms completed by former professors and/or supervisors
- Interview with program faculty
- Submission of official transcripts from each individual college/university currently or previously attended. Submit official transcripts to UTHSCSA Office of the University Registrar. Applicants who are enrolled in college courses at the time of application should submit an official transcript showing courses in progress. An updated transcript must be submitted upon completion of the courses. Note: Transfer credits indicated on another school’s transcript are not accepted in lieu of submitting the original institution record for that coursework. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must be submitted in the original language and must be accompanied by a NACES Members evaluation agency English translation for each course.
- International applicants only: Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores; minimum scores 560 (paper) or 68 (Internet).
For more information
About admission requirements or application process: Contact the School of Health Professions Office of Admissions and Special Programs.
About the program: Contact the Clinical Laboratory Sciences Program Director, Cheryl Burns, or see the UT Health Science Center San Antonio course catalog.