By Rosanne Fohn
David C. Shelledy, Ph.D., dean of the School of Health Professions, hosted the 2015 Research Retreat for School of Health Professions faculty and staff on December 16 at the Omni San Antonio.
Highlights included talks by Health Science Center leaders on various aspects of research.
- Marilyn A. Marshall, M.B.A., associate director, Institute for Integration of Medicine and Science
- Andrea Giuffrida, Ph.D., vice president for research
- Chris Green, CPA, director of sponsored programs
- Joe Schmeltz, Ph.D., assistant VP for research operations
- Byron C. Hepburn, M.D., director of the Military Health Institute
During an awards luncheon, Reto Asmis, Ph.D., professor of clinical laboratory sciences and senior associate dean for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, received the 2015 George Kudolo Research Award. Also, Anna Allegretti , Ph.D., (occupational therapy), Ruben Restrepo, M.D., (respiratory care) and David Wampler, Ph.D., (emergency health sciences) all received certificates of merit for nomination for the School of Health Professions 2015 Research Award.