General stores is a division of the Department of Materials Management. The responsibilities of General Stores includes purchasing, receiving, warehousing, and marketing commonly used items to requesting departments.
The goals of the General Stores are as follows:
- Provide optimum customer service;
- Purchase, receive, warehouse, and market supplies to requesting departments within performance parameters;
- Identify, research, and determine what materials will be stocked;
- Maintain adequate stock levels on 2,000 line items stocked; and,
- Enhance communications with the customers.