Vikki F. Ross
Senior Director of Supply Chain Management
& HUB Coordinator
The Purchasing Department for the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is charged with the responsibility to acquire all goods and services that ensure the academic needs, research, patient care and public service goals are met in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
In the daily execution of procurement activities, the Purchasing Team strives to provide a balance between price, value, quality, delivery and service in compliance with State and Federal Statutes, as well as established Regents' Rules and Regulations. The Purchasing Department's mission is to provide the best service to our vendors and University staff.
If you have any purchasing questions, please visit our Purchasing Team Contacts for further assistance.
Direct Connect is a requisition type in PeopleSoft Financials that allows us to directly connect to a vendor’s website, with access to electronic catalogs.
Vendors that have established a Direct Connect relationship are preferred suppliers of the UT System Supply Chain Alliance or have another type of agreement with the Health Science Center. This means that the prices listed on the Direct Connect vendor’s website have been negotiated through the appropriate procurement method and requires no additional bid competition or justification.
Visit Direct Connect to keep informed of new vendors as they are added.
- Grainger - Helpful tips to order using Direct Connect Requisitions.
- McKesson, Inc. - Helpful tips to order using Direct Connect Requisitions.
- Sigma-Aldrich - Helpful tips to order using Direct Connect Requisitions.
- SHI Government Solutions - Helpful tips to order using Direct Connect Requisitions.
- Today's Business Solutions is a Texas HUB Certified Partner with OfficeMax providing office supplies. The ordering process for office supplies are as follows:
- Purchase Orders: For requisitions sent to the Purchasing Department for processing, use Today's Business Solutions and Vendor ID 0000264177.
- General Stores: Orders will be processed through General Stores requisitions and you will select Today's Business Solutions and Vendor ID 0000264177.
- ProCard: Orders may be placed using your ProCard and username at Today's Business Solutions
- Direct any questions to the Purchasing Department at 210-562-6200 or PurchAdmin@uthscsa.edu, or the General Stores at 210-567-5966 or GeneralStore@uthscsa.edu.