HUMAN ANATOMY SUMMER WORKSHOP FOR PRE-PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS
The Department of Cellular and Structural Biology is offering a new program for undergraduate students interested in pursuing degrees in a health profession.
The focus of the workshop is to give the future health care provider an introduction to all aspects of human anatomy with real hands-on experience. Regional dissection of a human cadaver by groups of students working as a team, is supplemented by study of prosections, models, skeletons and other demonstration materials and is guided by lectures. Dissection requires mental preparation, manual skills, and provides an experience of the three-dimensional structure and the complexity and the variability of the human body that is not gained in any other way.
Is a health profession career for you?
Are you interested in getting a foundation in human anatomy? Spend a summer in the lab and get first hand experience to determine if a health profession is the right career choice for you!
Summer Workshop Information:
- Four, 1-week modules that can be taken together or individually at the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio in June each year. Each of the modules is dedicated to a specific area of human anatomy: of 1) lower extremities, 2) upper extremities, 3)abdomen & thorax, and 4) head and neck.
- Classes are 4 hours each day, 5 days a week.
- Tuition is $750 per module or $ 2,500 for all four modules. Tuition includes anatomical atlas, review outlines, gloves, scrubs, dissection instruments.
- No more than 20 students will be allowed each week and preference will be given to students who enroll in all 4 modules.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have successfully completed at least 2 years of undergraduate
- A certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the workshop. No academic credits will be given.
- No housing is provided
Please apply at
UTHSCSA - Anatomy Workshop or email
Human Anatomy Workshop Contact. Application are accepted beginning in November - January each year.
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of transcript showing coursework taken at undergraduate institution(s)
- Statement of career goals
- Proof of vaccination
- Payment of a $50 non-refundable application fee
Applicant is responsible for insuring that the required documents listed below are uploaded into the application on the upload pages.
Unofficial transcripts will be used for application review. Once an invitation to participate in the workshop is extended, participants are required to submit official transcripts to the program no later than 3 weeks prior to the first session.
Mail Official transcript of undergraduate coursework to:
Attn: Stefanie Valdez
Human Anatomy Workshop
Cellular & Structural Biology, MC 7762
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
M. Bartanuszova, M.D.
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Dr., San Antonio, TX 78229