HUMAN ANATOMY SUMMER WORKSHOP FOR PRE-PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS
The Department of Cellular and Structural Biology is offering a new program for undergraduate students from the San Antonio area interested in pursuing degrees in a health profession.
The focus of the workshop is to give the future health care provider an introduction to all aspects of human anatomy with real hands-on experience. Regional dissection of a human cadaver by groups of students working as a team, is supplemented by study of prosections, models, skeletons and other demonstration materials and is guided by lectures. Dissection requires mental preparation, manual skills, and provides an experience of the three-dimensional structure and the complexity and the variability of the human body that is not gained in any other way.
Is a health profession career for you?
Are you interested in getting a foundation in human anatomy? Spend a summer in the lab and get first hand experience to determine if a health profession is the right career choice for you!
Summer Workshop Information:
- Laboratory experience for local undergraduate students
- 4 weeks at the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio in June each year.
- 4 hours each day, 5 days a week
- $4000 tuition fees (fee includes atlas, review outlines, gloves, scrubs, dissection instruments)
- A certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the workshop. No academic credits will be given.
- No housing is provided
Application are accepted beginning in December - January each year.
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of transcript showing coursework taken at undergraduate institution(s)
- Statement of career goals
- Proof of vaccination
- Payment of a $50 non-refundable application fee
Please check back at CSB Website or email Human Anatomy Workshop Email Contact.
Applicant is responsible for insuring that the required documents listed below are uploaded into the application on the upload pages.
Unofficial transcripts will be used for application review. Once an invitation to participate in the workshop is extended, participants are required to submit official transcripts to the program no later than 3 weeks prior to the first session.
Mail Official transcript of undergraduate coursework to:
Attn: Stefanie Valdez
Human Anatomy Workshop
Cellular & Structural Biology, MC 7762
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
M. Bartanuszova, M.D.
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Dr., San Antonio, TX 78229