Higher education is undergoing unprecedented change that is more rapid and complex than it’s accustomed to experiencing and that will continue in the foreseeable future. What has not changed is that our institution's mission to:
- educate a diverse student body to become excellent health care providers and scientists;
- engage in biomedical research focused on seeking information fundamental to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease;
- provide compassionate and culturally competent state of the art clinical care; and
- enhance community health awareness, education and practices thereby improving the wellness of the citizenry
cannot happen without the collective, deliberate efforts and expertise of faculty, administrators, and staff.
People remain the drivers of any institution's achievements.
OHR's traditionally transactional role has become more strategic, multidimensional, and complex. Certainly executing transactions and ensuring legal compliance are essential practices, but those are the basics. To truly add value and drive excellence, OHR continues to build its credibility with the institution's leaders and staff. Doing so requires being able to speak their ‘language’, to understand what keeps them up at night, and to look beyond traditional roles for opportunities to develop creative solutions.
With these outcomes in mind, the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio’s Office of Human Resources (OHR) introduces its new service delivery model:
HR Partner and Relationship Management Program (top)
An HR Partner is your primary liaison and strategic business partner between assigned organizational units and OHR, providing consultation, strategic planning, and problem management in the areas of:
- Recruitment and Employment
- Performance Management & Employee Relations
- Training and Development
- Institutional HR Policy Interpretation and Application
- HR and Workforce Strategic Planning
The HR Partner also manages your requests and partners with other OHR functional areas such as:
- Compensation & Classification Team
- Recruitment & Employment Team
- Benefits Team
- HR Records Teams
- Quality of Work-Life Programs
and other collaborative partners including:
- Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action (EO/AA)
- Office of Legal Affairs
- Office of Regulatory Affairs and Institutional Compliance
- Office of External Affairs
As seasoned, knowledgeable and experienced professionals in HR strategic consulting, we are responsible for handling workforce issues, playing a key role in organizational change, fostering innovation, and mobilizing talent to sustain or enhance the institution's reputation, operations, and culture. To be truly effective in driving and supporting the institution's workforce, we assess the organization's strategic needs and challenges, honestly evaluate its capability to support those needs, build staff and leadership competencies, and demonstrate the agility to adjust as institutional needs change.