Session I: Leadership Authenticity: Keynote
- To provide tools and skills to further enhance the ability of selected participants to fulfill their leadership role at an even higher level of excellence.
- To create a common leadership language and set of practices/skills to facilitate cohesion and begin the process of defining a consistent set of leadership practices for the institution.
- To provide opportunities through high impact learning methods for participants to increase self-discovery and tactically apply self-insights for personal career growth, as well as optimizing institutional operations.
- To provide participants with leadership tools and skills to enhance their existing skill set.
- To utilize self-discovery as means for leadership development leading to higher levels of personal mastery and leadership authenticity.
- To practice key interpersonal skills in situations relevant to the institution.
- For participants to commit to self-identified leadership development, next steps and concrete leadership actions they will take after the initial retreat.
Session II: Model the Way: Keynote
- To understand and be able to apply the essential components of Model The Way
- To clarify personal values.
- To identify leadership actions congruent with personal and organizational values.
Session III: Inspire a Shared Vision: Keynote
Goals and Objectives
- Define the practice of “Inspiring a Shared Vision”
- Identify the Essentials to Envisioning the Future
- Begin to craft a personal vision statement
- Describe the three essentials to enlisting others
- Identify how this practice can be applied in your area
- Identify action steps to enroll others to support your vision
Session IV: Optimizing Funding & Talent Streams: Keynote
- Funding streams and strategies
- Finding and selecting the right people
Session V: Challenge the Process:– Keynote
- To define the practice of “Challenge the Process.”
- To identify the benefits/payoffs for adopting the practice.
- To explore how this practice can be applied to your area.
- To learn techniques and identify opportunities for challenging the process within the Institution.
- To create a personal plan of action to begin applying this practice.
Session VI: Enable Others to Act: Keynote
- To identify the essentials of “Enabling Others to Act.”
- To explore the factors encouraging and inhibiting collaboration.
- To identify alternative forms of currencies to use when negotiating with others.
Session VII: Encourage the Heart: Keynote
- Recognize contributions
- Celebrate the values and victories