Microbiology & Immunology Postdoctoral Fellows
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Ph.D. in Biochemsitry
To characterize the molecular mechanisms responsible for the age-related decline in alveolar macrophage function as it pertains to bacterial pneumonia.
- Boyd AR, Shivshankar P, Jiang S, Berton MT and Orihuela CJ. Age-related Defects in TLR2 Signaling Diminish the Cytokine Response by Alveolar Macrophages during Murine Pneumococcal Pneumonia. Experimental Gerontology. 2012. 47(7):507-18.
- Katayama H, Wang J, Treekitkarnmongkol W, Kawai H, Sasai K, Zhang H, Wang H,Adams H, Jiang S, Chakraborty S, Suzuki F, Arlinghaus R, Liu J, Mobley J, Grizzle W, Wang H and Sen S. Aurora Kinase-A Inactivates DNA Damage-Induced Apoptosis and Spindle Assembly Checkpoint Response Functions of p73. Cancer Cell. 2012. 21: 1-16.
- Jiang S and Dahia PL. The busy road to Pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas has a new member: TMEM127. Endocrinology. 2011. 152(6):2133-40.
- Jiang S, Katayama H, Wang J, Radvanyi L, Li S, Li JJ and Sen S. Estrogen Induced Aurora Kinase-A (AURKA) Gene Expression is Activated by GATA-3 in Estrogen Receptor Positive Breast Cancer Cells. Hormone and Cancer. 2010. 1(1): 11-20.
- Jiang S, Macias M and Jarrett HW. Purification and identification of a transcription factor, USF-2, binding to E-box element in the promoter of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT). Proteomics. 2010. 10(2):203-11.
- Jiang S, Nagore LI, Jiang D, Moxley RA and Jarrett HW. Purification of transcription factors and identification with mass spectrometry. Current Analytical Chemistry. 2007. 3: 272-282 (Review).
- Nagore LI, Mitra S, Jiang D, Jiang S, Zhou Y, Loranc M and Jarrett HW. Cyanogen bromide-activated coupling: DNA catalytic chromatography purification of EcoRI endonuclease. Nature Protocol. 2006. 1: 2909-2915.
- Jiang S, Wolfe CL, Warrington WA and Norcum MT. Three-dimensional reconstruction of the valyl-tRNA synthetase/elongation factor 1H complex and localization of the d Subunit. FEBS Letters. 2005. 579: 6049-6054.
- Carrell CJ, Sun D, Jiang S, Davidson VL and Mathews FS. Structural studies of two mutants of Amicyanin from paracoccus denitrificans that stabilize the reduced state of the copper. Biochemistry. 2004. 43: 9372-9380.