Microbiology & Immunology Postdoctoral Fellows
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India
My study primarily focuses on characterization of the airway targets that are ADP-ribosylated by Mycoplasma pneumoniae CARDS protein as well as identifying the host cellular receptors for the CARDS protein.
- Kim SW, Ramasamy K, Bouamar H, Lin AP, Jiang D, Aguiar RC.. MicroRNAs miR-125a and miR-125b constitutively activate the NF-kB pathway by targeting the tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced protein 3 (TNFAIP3, A20). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 May 1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ramasamy K*, Dwyer-Nield LD, Serkova NJ, Hasebroock KM, Tyagi A, Raina K, Malkinson AL and Agarwal R. (2011) Silibinin Prevents Lung Tumor Growth and Progression in Wild-type but not in iNOS-/- Mice: Potential of Real-time Micro-CT in Lung Cancer Chemoprevention Studies. Clin Cancer Res. 17: 753-61.
- Roy S, Gu M, Ramasamy K*, Singh RP, Agarwal C, Siriwardana S, Sclafani RA, Agarwal R. (2009) p21/Cip1 and p27/Kip1 Are essential molecular targets of inositol hexaphosphate for its antitumor efficacy against prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 69: 1166-73.
- Tyagi A, Singh RP, Ramasamy K*, Raina K, Redente EF, Dwyer-Nield LD, Radcliffe RA, Malkinson AM, Agarwal R. (2009) Growth inhibition and regression of lung tumors by silibinin: modulation of angiogenesis by macrophage-associated cytokines and nuclear factor-kappaB and signal transducers and activators of transcription 3. Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa). 2: 74-83.
- Ramasamy K*, Agarwal R. (2008) Multitargeted therapy of cancer by silymarin. Cancer Lett 269, 352-362. (Review article)
- 101st Annual meeting of American Association for Cancer Research, April 17-21, 2010, Washington, DC, USA.
- Title of the poster: Silibinin selectively inhibits growth and progression of urethane-induced lung tumors in wild-type but not inducible nitric oxide synthase (-/-) mice: potential usefulness of micro-computed tomography scanning in lung cancer chemoprevention studies
- 100th Annual meeting of American Association for Cancer Research, April 18-22, 2009, Denver, CO, USA. (Participation only)
- 99th Annual meeting of American Association for Cancer Research, April 12-16, 2008, San Diego, CA, USA. (Poster presentation)
Title of the poster: Chemopreventive potential of silibinin on early urethane-induced lung lesions in A/J mice (Poster presentation)