Microbiology & Immunology Postdoctoral Fellows
University Of Madras, Chennai
- Developing of novel gene knock out vaccines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Role of Ag85B in improving the efficacy of existing BCG vaccines for tuberculosis.
- Study of molecular pathogenesis of mycobacteria and mechanisms of intracellular survival, latent infection, and response to various oxidative and osmotic stress.
- Study of molecular pathogenesis of Mycoplasma genitalium and mechanisms of intracellular survival
- A fbpA/sapM double knock out strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis is highly attenuated and immunogenic in macrophages. Sankaralingam Saikolappan, Jaymie Estrella, Smitha J Sasindran, Arshad Khan, Lisa Y Armitige, Chinnaswamy Jagannath, and Subramanian Dhandayuthapani. PLoS ONE. 2012 May 7(5).
- Methionine Sulfoxide Reductase A (MSRA) deficient Mycoplasma genitalium shows decreased interaction with host cells. Kishore Das, Georgina De la Garza, Shivani Maffi, Sankaralingam Saikolappan and Subramanian Dhandayuthapani. PLoS ONE. 2012 Apr 7(4).
- OsmC proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and M. smegmatis protect against organic hydroperoxide stress. Sankaralingam Saikolappan, Kishore Das, Smitha J. Sasindran, Chinnaswamy Jagannath, Subramanian Dhandayuthapani.Tuberculosis 91 (2011) S119-S127.
- Biochemical and physiological characterization of the GTP-binding protein Obg of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Sasindran SJ, Sankaralingam Saikolappan, Scofield VL, Dhandayuthapani S. BMC Microbiol. 2011 Feb 25;11:43.
- Mycoplasma genitalium mg454 Gene Product Resists Killing by Organic Hydroperoxides. Sankaralingam Saikolappan, Smitha J. Sasindran, Hongwei D. Yu, Joel B. Baseman and Subramanian Dhandayuthapani. J Bacteriol. 2009 Aug 28.
- Methionine sulfoxide reductase B (MsrB) of Mycobacterium smegmatis plays a limited role in resisting oxidative stress. Subramanian Dhandayuthapani, *, Chinnaswamy Jagannath, Celina Nino, Sankaralingam Saikolappan, Smitha J. Sasindran. Tuberculosis 89 (2009) S1, S26-S32
- Methionine sulfoxide reductases and virulence of bacterial pathogens. Smitha J Sasindran, Sankaralingam Saikolappan and Subramanian Dhandayuthapani., Future Microbiol. (2007) 2(6): 619-630.
- Report of skin test reactivity to Aspergillus and other allergens in Chennai. SaiKolappan S, Moses.G, Subramanian.S, Rajendran.P, Kanthesh B.M. Indian Journal of Applied Microbiology, (2002); 2(1): 49.
- Seroprevalence of syphilis in apparently healthy Irula tribals of TN. Kanthesh B.M, Rajendran.P, SaiKolappan S, Vikram Reddy, Aslam M, Latha J., Indian journal of Medical Research (Nov 2004).
- Peroxide reductase activity of recombinant OsmC protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Presented at the annual Congress of American Society of Microbiology (ASM) held at NewOrleans, May 2011.
- MG454 Gene Product of Mycoplasma genitalium Provides Resistance to Killing by Organic Hydroperoxides. Presented at the annual Congress of American Society of Microbiology (ASM) held at Boston, June 2008.