Microbiology & Immunology Graduate Student
Jesus A. Segovia Jr.
M.S., Biology, Texas A&M International University, Laredo, TX,
B.S., Biology, Baylor University, Waco, TX
Innate immune response to Respiratory Syncytial Virus.
- Mgbemena V, Segovia J, Chang T, Bose S. 2011. Kruppel-like factor 6 regulates transforming growth factor-β gene expression during human respiratory syncytial virus infection. Virology Journal 8:409.
- Chang TH, Segovia J, Sabbah A, Mgbemena V, Bose S. 2012. Cholesterol-rich lipid rafts are required for release of infectious human respiratory syncytial virus particles. Virology 422(2):205-213.
- Segovia J*, Sabbah A*, Mgbemena V, Tsai S-Y, Chang TH, Berton MT, Morris IR, Allen IC, Ting JP, Bose S. 2012. TLR2/MyD88/NF-kB pathway, reactive oxygen species, potassium efflux activates NLRP3/ASC inflammasome during respiratory syncytial virus infection. PLoS One 7(1):e29695.
- Segovia J*, Mgbemena V*, Chang TH, Tsai S-Y, Cole GT, Hung C-Y and Bose S. 2012. Transactivation of inducible nitric oxide synthase gene by Krüppel-like factor 6 regulates apoptosis during influenza A virus infections. Journal of Immunology (In press).
Lamar Bruni Vergara Graduate Student Scholarship, 2005-2006 Academic year
Lamar Bruni Vergara Graduate Assistantship, 2006-2009 Academic Years
Lamar Bruni Vergara Graduate Scholarship, 2009-2010 Academic Year
4th Annual Terry M. Mikiten Graduate Student Research Forum, 1st place poster
UTHSCSA IMGP Stipend Support, 2009 - 2010 Academic Year
CoSTAR Trainee, Grant 5T32DE014318-10, October 2011 - July 2012
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students, Austin, TX Nov. 7-10, 2007
- 30th Annual Dental Science Symposium, San Antonio, TX April 11, 2012
- 4th Annual Terry M. Mikiten Graduate Student Research Forum, May 3, 2012