Are you depressed?
How do you know if you have depression or mania? Diagnosis is a
doctor's job, but there are telltale signs of the illness. They
Return to index
- Sleep problems. Do you frequently have a hard time getting a good
night's rest? Is your energy level so low it's hard to get out of
- Despondency. Do you ever consider suicide?
- Sexual appetite. Do you have a diminished interest in sex ,
hobbies, food or activities you once enjoyed? With manic
depressives, a mood swing to mania often is accompanied by increased
- Self-deprecation. Do you minimize your achievements and inwardly
- Uncontrolled emotions. Do you cry for no
apparent reason? Feel elated or irritable for unexplained reasons?
- Hyperactivity. Do you have grandiose notions, thoughts that race
through your head or periods of unbound energy?