to The Mission
We are the magazine of The University of Texas Health Science Center
at San Antonio. Address correspondence to the editor, Natalie Gutierrez, at:
They make Texans smile
- The Health
Science Center's Dental School provided $8 million in community- based dental care last year in South Texas.
sense of the mania
- Nearly half of the people with manic depression cannot use the most
widely prescribed medication to counteract the illness. Thanks to research
led by a Health Science Center psychiatrist, sufferers may soon be able
to use a new and possibly more effective drug.
- They were the best of times. They were the worst of times. A look
at the '50s and how far science and medicine have taken us since then.
- A better artificial hip. A way diabetics can check the health of
their eyes at home. Read about the latest good ideas from our faculty.
- High school students are getting help planning their future thanks
in part to a program that involves the Health Science Center.
- A.B. "Ben" Alexander was one of the last examples of a
vanishing breed of Texans, and his legacy lives on at the Health Science
- Study details Hispanic health traits
- Chairman of medicine is appointed
- Kidney Foundation honors associate dean
- Vision of the future in ophthalmology
- Alzheimers's linked to estrogen
- Howe to head state health panel
- Lees share prestigious research award
- Biochemist represents United States
- Regents approve three new degrees
- School of Nursing expansion gets started
- School of Nursing celebrates its 25th anniversary
- Gift helps create professorship in radiology
- Respiratory care chairman helps launch program
- Fighting tooth decay with germs
- Foundation honors rehabilitation medicine professor
- Notables on campus
The Mission, Department of Communications, The University
of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio,
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78284-7768
Telephone: (210) 567-2570