to The Mission
We are the magazine of The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
Address correspondence to the editor, Jim Barrett, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manhattan Project of the mind
- The quest to map the human brain is global in scope and the Health Science Center's Research Imaging Center has become one of the world's biggest, busiest and most productive sites for brain research.
Surgeons who make things right
- Plastic surgery no longer is a luxury. Two surgeons from the Health Science Center are applying reconstructive surgical techniques to the problems of everyday people.
Machines that are life preservers
- Devices patented by Health Science Center personnel promise to usher in a new era for organ transplants. The machines have the potential of doubling the lifespan of organs in transit, thus giving surgeons and patients an extra margin of safety.
Working out of bad posture
- A few easy exercises can help correct the bad posture of many people. And some common-sense measures in the office or workplace can prevent posture problems in the first place.
What makes a top teacher?
- What are the qualities that make a good teacher? Students and staff from the Health Science Center identify the qualities and they name names, too.
How about a way to float disease-fighting drugs through "rescue ships" in the bloodstream, or a way to protect an athlete's face in today's super aggressive style of basketball, or even a new way to read this magazine?
- Oncologist receives coveted science honor
- Women's study will be nation's largest
- New home ahead for Allied Health Sciences
- Degrees added in dental hygiene and lab sciences
- Presidents Council begins campaign
- Hogan professorship honors ophthalmologist
- Physiologist heads gerontological society
- Medina showed young scholars the way
- Notables on campus
- Occupational therapy becomes a priority
- Dental research group elects faculty member
The Mission, Office of Public Affairs, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio,
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78284-7768
Telephone: (210) 567-2570