Grass-roots alumni and faculty support yield new endowments
Several development funds targeting special projects have been created at the Health Science Center recently by faculty, alumni and friends of the university to honor their colleagues and families. Among the recently established funds are:
- "The John S. Primomo, MD, Scholarship Endowment in Family Practice," honoring the late San Antonio family practice physician;
- "The Louis T. Bogy, DPM, Professorship in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery," honoring the retired San Antonio podiatrist who founded and directed the podiatry residency program at the Health Science Center;
- "The J. Bradley Aust, MD, PhD, Distinguished Professorship in Surgery," honoring the former chairman of surgery;
- "The Colonel Jean Migliorino Endowed Scholarship," created by the retired military nurse to assist students in the pediatric nurse practitioner program;
- "The Kenneth Stewart Memorial Fund," honoring the late faculty member in prosthodontics;
- "The Anesthesiology Professorship," created with a lead gift from alumnus Christopher Avery, MD, class of ‘81, to enhance programs within the department;
- "The F. Carter Pannill Jr. Professorship in Internal Medicine," honoring the first dean of the Medical School;
- "The Microinformatics Web Page and Development Fund," to support an educational World Wide Web site in anatomy developed by William B. Winborn, PhD, professor of cellular and structural biology;
- "The Partner in Research" fund to benefit research in physical therapy; and
- "The David P. Green Family Scholarship Endowment" to assist students in the health professions.
More information about these and other endowments for the Health Science Center is available from the office of university relations, (210) 567-2056.
Return to index