Our Mission is to provide comprehensive personalized healthcare in an environment of education and research:
- To promote the health of the community in an environment that welcomes diversity and strives to reduce health disparities through education, research, and clinical care.
- To ensure professionalism, demand academic competence of our residents and faculty, provide a learning environment that is flexible, engenders personal growth and fosters excellence.
- To promote research scholarship for all residents and faculty by emphasizing collaboration, centers of excellence, and a bench-to-bedside approach.
- To exemplify clinical excellence and professionalism through multidisciplinary group practice in a manner that is integrated and compatible with our teaching and research missions while addressing community needs.
- To conduct postgraduate medical education leading to certification in neurology.
- To develop members of the next generation of leaders of academic neurology.
- To conduct research leading to advances in health care in the field of Neurosciences.
- To participate in the continuing medical education of neurologists.
- To improve the health and well-being of the residents of San Antonio and South Texas.