Compensation and Benefits
- PGY-I - $41,432.80
- PGY-II - $42,590.44
- PGY-III - $43,955.92
- PGY-IV - $ 45,493.32
- PGY-V - $47,060.05
- PGY-VI - $48,450.99
- PGY-VII - $50,110.60
- PGY-VIII - $51,503.30
- PGY-1 year - 10 days paid leave; cannot be carried over except as determined by program and Professional Staff Services.
- PGY-2 year and above - 15 days paid leave; cannot be carried over except as determined by program and Professional Staff Services.
Sick Leave - All years - 10 working days paid leave per year; cannot be carried over except as determined by program and Professional Staff Services.
Family and Medical Leave - All years - residents are eligible for up to twelve weeks unpaid leave for birth or adoption of a child or care of a seriously ill family member's personal serious health condition.
The FMLA provides leave to care for a new-born child or a child placed in the employee’s home for adoption or foster care; to care for an employee’s parent, spouse, son or daughter with a personal serious health condition; or for a serious personal health condition which prevents the employee from performing his or her job.
For more information, see the GME Policy on Family and Medical Leave.
All years -
- Major Medical Insurance: shared cost
- Major Medical Insurance for Dependents: shared cost
- Outpatient Mental Health: shared cost
- Inpatient Mental Health: shared cost
- Group Life Insurance: paid by institution
- Dependant Term Life Insurance: participant paid
- Dental Insurance: shared cost
- Disability Insurance: paid by Institution
- Disability Insurance for Occupationally Acquired HIV: paid by institution
- Flex Accounts - Hlth & Dep.
- 457 Deferred Comp Plan
Counseling and Psychological Support Services
Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
Additional Benefits Available to Residents on UHS Contract using UT Health Science Center at San Antonio Department of Psychiatry Psychiatrists - call 210-567-5430 (and identifiy yourself as a resident or fellow.)
- Outpatient Mental Health
60 outpatient visits per year for "serious mental illness"
20 outpatient visits per year for non-serious illnesses
- Inpatient Mental Health
45 days, maximum per year of acute inpatient treatment of "serious mental illness" in acute inpatient, crisis stabilization unit, or child and adolescent residential treatment center.
- Alcohol/Chemical Dependence
All medically necessary outpatient services are covered