19th Annual Practical Applications of New Agents in Oncology
February 2-3, 2018
Cancer remains a leading cause of death in the country. Educating healthcare professionals about newly available agents in oncology is critical. Information on new immunotherapies will be available, as well as a discussion of new clinical studies for anticancer agents.
There will also be a focus on the numerous new immune targets and immunotherapies that have been approved over the last several years, as well as those that are likely to be approved. Several world-renowned and local speakers will discuss how to incorporate these agents into standard clinical practice, providing guidance to the front-line clinicians, nurses, and pharmacists regarding current or projected appropriate use of these therapeutics.
- Focus on interprofessional strategies to promote patient-centered care
- Learn from experts...featured speakers discuss precision oncology, palliative care, and more
- Learn how new agents are transforming cancer treatment
- Clinical Track...practical strategies for implementing USP800 Guidelines
- Transitional Trials Track...incorporate novel agents into clinical practice
- Meet the Experts reception
Who should attend?
Presentations will be in an attractive case-based format and represent national points of view, making it a stimulating meeting for primary care and oncology clinicians, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists and other health professionals and medical students.
The following continuing education will be offered at this conference:
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
- Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE)
Locations and times
Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
217 N. St. Mary's Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
Friday sessions: 5:00 p.m - 8:00 pm
Saturday sessions: 7:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.