Call for Abstracts
A highlight of the symposium will be a competitive poster session. Predoctoral and postdoctoral students/fellows whose mentors are CTRC members (either Full or Associate) can showcase their cancer research projects. Mentors who are non-CTRC members are encouraged to apply for membership.
The subject of the poster should fall within the broad goals of one of the three research programs of the CTRC:
- Experimental and Developmental Therapeutics (EDT)
- Cancer Development and Progression (CDP)
- Cancer Prevention and Population Science (CPPS)
Work in progress can also be presented.
Presenters are required to submit an abstract no later than October 9, 2015.
- The abstract should be no longer than one page, with one-inch margins
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font
- The name of one of the three CTRC research programs that the mentor belongs to should appear the first line of the abstract
- The second line should be the presenter category: Predoctoral student or postdoctoral student/fellow
- The abstract should include a title, list of authors and department/division affiliation
- The body of the abstract should include background/introduction, methods, results and conclusion/significance/impact
If your abstract is accepted; you will be responsible for developing a poster using the following general rules and guidelines:
- The posters should be 24 X 63 to fit on vertical x-banners, CTRC will provide the x-banners. Read the printing specification details.
- The top of the poster should feature the title of the project/program, the principal investigator and any other contributors
- The content of the poster should be divided into appropriate sections (i.e., background/introduction, aims, methods, data/results, conclusions, significance/impact, etc.)
- Include illustrations if possible – figures, tables, color photographs, charts
- The material should be well labeled and legible from a distance of two yards
- Lettering should be bold
- Avoid use of fancy fonts
- Simple serif fonts (i.e., Times New Roman) are easier to read than sans (without) serif fonts (i.e., Geneva)
- All posters have to be identified with the primary CTRC program affiliation of the mentor and noted which grant and core usage the research was supported by.
Call for Abstracts Closes: 10/09/2015 (emails must be received by 5:00 p.m. CST)
Poster Presenters Notified: 10/23/2015
Poster Presentation: 11/19/2015
November 19, 2015
Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute
The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
8403 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio