Our lab delivers high-throughput, multi-dimensional cell analysis and cell sorting using state-of-the-art equipment for the Cancer Therapy & Research Center members. Using the cytometry bead array (CBA) technology, quantification of multiple cytokines can be measured simultaneously. We offer consulting services, which range from experimental design, instrument training and grant and manuscript writing, including preparing figures, method sections and budgets.
Flow Cytometry Cell Sorting
- Multiparameter sorting of subpopulations of cells, including but not limited to, tumor cells, (cancer) stem cells and tumor-reactive lymphocytes.
- Sorting of transgenic (either knock-in or knock-out) cells that use a fluorescent protein as a selectable marker.
- Single cell sorting to be used for clonal expansion or down-stream genomic analysis.
Flow Cytometry Cell Analysis
- The LSRII allows multi (up-to-8)-parameter analysis of subpopulations of cells, including but not limited to, tumor cells, (cancer) stem cells and tumor-reactive lymphocytes.
- The BD FACSAria and MoFlo Astrios allow for up to 12 colors should more than 8 colors be needed.
- Cell cycle and viability status using various dyes and antibodies, e.g., propidium iodide, Hoechst, annexin V, caspases and anti-BrdU antibodies.
- Functional readouts such as nitric oxide, oxygen peroxide and free radicals, reduced glutathione, pH, Ca++ fluxes, fluxes of different vital dyes and mitochondrial membrane depolarization.
- Quantification of multiple cytokines (Cytometry Bead Arrays).
- Training sessions for self-operation of instrumentation. (The training entails analysis of data to ensure reproducible and high-quality data)
- Consulting with researchers about experimental design and data analysis.
- Assistance with preparing Flow Cytometry figures, writing Flow Cytometry methodologies and preparing cost-projections for manuscripts and grant applications.
- Maintaining a web-site with schedule, contact information, fees, instrumentation and policies.
- Informal training in various techniques, applications, software packages and theory for researchers.
- Lecture-based seminars for training in new technologies.
Benjamin Daniel, Ph.D., director
Vivienne Rebel,M.D., Ph.D., scientific advisor
Karla Gorena, technical director