We believe the most successful program is one where all care providers work together to achieve outstanding results. Our team of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, perfusionists, neonatal and pediatric intensive care specialists and nurses work in concert to treat the most complex cardiac problems in children. Each of these groups have cardiac specialists who provide coverage and specialty care 24 hours a day.
Some of our specialized features include:
- Medical and intensive units
- Dedicated neonatal and pediatric teams available 24 hours a day to transport critically ill newborns and children
- A state-of-the-art cardiac cath lab specially designed for children
- Intensive Care Unit specialized in the care of neonates, infants, and adolescents with congenital heart disease
- Cardiac ECHO lab accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL)
- Research dedicated to patient safety and quality initiatives like reducing sternal wound infections
The Children's Heart Program at the physician practice of UT Health San Antonio offers a unique combination of extensive practical experience, research, and teaching. Our surgeons provide the most advanced therapeutic options for the treatment of congenital and other pediatric heart conditions for children with the most complex cardiac problems.
Patients benefit from a full range of services in one location. Our all-inclusive approach allows for seamless admission, surgical, postoperative recovery, and discharge processes. It enables us to provide the best environment possible for the comfort and care of patients and their families.
Make an appointment
Please call 210-562-5378 to make an appointment or for more information.