UT Health Network
Discounts for UT Employees who use UT Physicians
UT employees and retirees, along with their dependents, now get discounts when they use UT providers or facilities with the UT SELECT medical plan.
This new benefit tier is referred to as the UT Health Network. You can lower your copay and coinsurance simply by seeing a participating UT provider.
UT Health Physicians is a participating member of the UT Health Network.
Call the UT SELECT Appointment Line: (210) 450-9090
Save $10 on Copays
Save $10 on your copay each time you visit a primary care physician or specialist at UT Health Physicians.
Primary Care Copay: UT Provider: $20 (Non UT Provider: $30)
Specialist Copay: UT Provider $25 (Non UT Provider $35)
Save on Coinsurance
Lower your coinsurance by using a primary care physician or specialist at UT Health Physicians. Current coinsurance under the UT SELECT medical plan is 20%, but if you use a UT Health physician it is only 10%.
Note: UT Health Physicians in San Antonio does not own a hospital, so this discount only applies to UT Health Physicians fees. For more information on your medical benefits, please contact Blue Cross Blue Shield using the number on the back of your UT SELECT medical card.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions regarding this new benefit:
- What is the discount and when does it start?
Starting on September 1, 2017, a new benefit tier known as the UT Health Network offers an enhanced benefit for UT SELECT medical plan participants receiving services from the UT Health Physicians group.
You will pay lower co-pays and coinsurance when seeing a UT Health Physicians provider. If you receive services from a provider who is not part of UT Health Physicians, the normal out of pocket costs will apply.
Here is a summary of the UT Select Health Network and Non-Network Benefits:
- Are there any changes to out-of-pocket premiums for the UT SELECT medical plan?
No, the UT Health Network does not change your monthly premium that is deducted from your paycheck.
- Are there any changes to the annual deductible?
No, the annual deductibles remain the same. The deductible is currently $350 for an individual and $1,050 for a family.
- What is the difference in cost if I visit a UT-owned facility versus a non-UT-owned facility?
UT Health Physicians does not own a facility in San Antonio. Therefore, for any hospitalization in San Antonio your deductible will be $350, co-insurance 20% on facility charges and a $100 inpatient co-pay per day.
- Do I have to opt-in to receive these benefits and discounts?
No, you benefit from the UT Health Network by using a provider with UT Health Physicians.
- Where can I see a UT Health primary care physician?
We have five locations for primary care. Please see the list to the right on this page.
- Where can I find a full listing of all physicians with UT Health Physicians specialists and other providers in the San Antonio area?
For a complete listing, please go to our website: UTHeathcare.org.
- Do I have to be assigned to a primary care physician with UT Health Physicians to receive the network benefit?
No, you do not have to be assigned to a primary care physician under UT Health Physicians to receive the benefit.
You are encouraged to connect with one of our primary care physicians if you do not currently have a primary care provider.
- What will happen at my first UT Health Primary Care visit?
Your provider will gather your medical history, discuss your health goals, and work with you to develop a health plan for the next year. Your provider will also make sure you are up to date on your blood work, cancer screening, and immunizations.
- What should I bring to my first UT Health Primary Care appointment?
We ask that you bring your UT SELECT medical insurance card, immunization records, previous medical records from outside physicians, and any medications (prescribed and over-the-counter) you may be taking. Be prepared to pay your $20 copay.
- Which (if any) hospitals in the state of Texas, does this benefit apply to?
For a listing of hospitals, please visit: https://www.bcbstx.com/ut/providers
- Who should I contact for additional information on this new network?
For specific questions on what providers and services are covered, please contact Blue Cross Blue Shield at the number on the back of your insurance card.
You may also contact the Benefits Team at UT Health San Antonio by sending an email to email@example.com.