Executive Health Program
We understand the needs of busy executives. Our Executive Health Program is designed to optimize your time with our expertise and offers the best in executive health medicine from the physician practice of UT Health San Antonio. Our comprehensive preventative and diagnostic examination program takes place in the course of a single day, at one convenient location – assessing the fundamentals of good health with options to cover any additional needs or concerns you may have.
The Executive Health Program includes:
- Comprehensive medical history including a review of medications
- Thorough physical exam performed by a board certified primary care specialist with additional evaluations conducted by subspecialists in dermatology, optometry and audiology
- Preventive screening tests for early detection of cancer, heart disease and other serious health concerns, including lab work, exercise stress test, ECG, mammography, skin, eye, ear and lung function evaluations
- Lifestyle assessment to discuss your approach to nutrition, exercise and stress management
- Individual consultation at the conclusion of the day with your board certified primary care specialist to review the results of your tests, address any concerns and answer all your questions
- Written summary of your evaluation with recommendations and a copy of test results which will be mailed to your home
- Other tests, consultations or counseling may be recommended after reviewing your family history, lifestyle and test results
- Optional tests and services may be requested, including cosmetic surgery
To make an appointment or learn more about the Executive Health Program at UT Health, please call us at 210-450-EXEC (3932).
Exam day overview
Review your itinerary
You will receive a detailed itinerary prior to your appointment day. Please take a moment to review it to confirm that everything is ordered as planned. If you have any questions or concerns, our Executive Health Program coordinator will be happy to assist you and may be reached at 210-450-EXEC (3932).
Two weeks prior to your arrival we will give you instructions for a fasting blood sample and urine analysis to be completed at least one week prior to your appointment. You may do the tests at any Quest Labs location or at the Medical Arts & Research Center. You will also receive instructions and an access code for UT Health’s MyChart – our secure online patient portal. It is important for us to obtain a thorough medical history and we will ask you to complete our online medical history questionnaire at our MyChart website.
What to bring
Please wear comfortable clothes and non-slip shoes. A complimentary set of UT Health scrubs will be provided while visiting our facility. For your Exercise Stress Test, we suggest you bring tennis shoes/appropriate footwear as well as shorts and a tee shirt to run in. Please wear a sports bra or shorts with elastic only (no plastic, buttons or metal objects of any type).
If you are currently taking any medications, please bring them with you or bring a list with the medication names and dosages. This includes any supplements and vitamins you may be taking.
Preparing for the exam
You will be asked to fast starting at midnight the day prior to your visit as some of the tests need to be done on an empty stomach. Due to the sensitivity of these tests, you will need to abstain from nicotine, caffeine and alcoholic products 24 hours prior to your appointment. Caffeine is found in coffee, tea, cocoa, sodas, and decaffeinated products, as well as in medications such as pain relievers. Nicotine and caffeine may cause false readings in your Stress Test. With the exception of water, please do not eat, drink or smoke the morning of your exam. Females scheduled for a mammogram: please refrain from wearing any deodorant, lotions or perfumes.
The Executive Health Program coordinator will greet you upon arrival. Be sure to park in your reserved spot. Your schedule will vary according to the package you choose, as well as your medical needs and the specialists seen. The average visit is seven hours but could be longer depending on optional services. We will provide you with a better estimate once you have finalized your choices. You will be given a mid-morning snack after your Exercise Stress Test and a healthy lunch. During your lunch, you will meet with an accredited dietitian who will be able to answer questions you may have about food and diet. If you have any special dietary needs, please let our coordinator know in advance.
After your testing has been completed, you will have a personal consultation with your Executive Health Program physician to review the results. He or she will counsel you on ways to achieve better health and, if indicated, make recommendations for further testing. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have.
The Executive Health Program provides a variety of specialized, preventative care services. Our program coordinator will work with you to determine a personalized plan for your visit that may include the following services:
Package A: 39 and younger
Includes the following:
- Physical Exam with board-certified primary care physician
- Dermatology Exam with board-certified dermatologist
- Audiogram with accredited audiologist
- Eye Exam with accredited optometrist
- Nutritional Counseling with accredited dietitian
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Cardiac Stress Test
- Chest X-Ray (CXR) Lab Work
- Complete Blood Count with Differential
- Complete Metabolic Panel
- Lipid Panel, High Sensitive CRP
- TSH and free T4, Vitamin D, B-12, Folate, HIV, Urinalysis
- Iron Ferritin
- Cytopathology for PAP smear (female only)
Package B: 40-49 years
Includes Package A, plus:
- Mammogram (female only)
- PSA (male only)
- Total Testosterone (male only)
- CT Calcium Score
Package C: 50 and older
Includes A & B packages, plus:
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Doppler Flow Peripheral Vascular Index
- Carotid Doppler Exam
- CT Calcium Score
- Dexa Bone Density Scan (female only)
We offer a full complement of medical services that cover all systems of the body. Some of the additional services available include colonoscopy, echocardiogram, upper endoscopy, CT scan of chest/abdomen, and cosmetic surgery consultation. Our Executive Health Program coordinator can provide you with pricing and scheduling details.
Pricing and payment
Charges for the Executive Health Program are on a fee-for-service basis. The estimated price for the typical series of tests and exams is specific to age and gender. Additional tests, consultations or counseling may be recommended after reviewing your family history, lifestyle, exam results or risk factors. To learn more, please call our Executive Health coordinator at 210-450-3932 (EXEC).
Full payment is requested two weeks prior to your scheduled appointment unless other arrangements have been made. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, personal check or cash.
Checks may be sent to:UT Health Physician Practice Customer Service Attention: Executive Health Program 6126 Wurzbach Road San Antonio, TX 78238