The cornea is the clear covering on the surface of the eye. It protects the iris and lens while allowing the eye to see. When scratched, healthy cells slide over to quickly patch the injury before permanent damage occurs. A cornea specialist will provide corneal and external disease treatment and care.
Services provided and diseases managed by UT Medicine's fellowship-trained specialists include:
- Corneal transplants (DSAEK, DMEK, full thickness, partial or lamellar, endothelial transplants)
- Dry eyes and ocular surface disease
- Keratitis (inflammatory or infection)
- Corneal ulceration
- Meibomian gland dysfunction
- Salzmann's degeneration
- Corneal dystrophies
- Telescopic (CentraSight) implants for macular degeneration
- Amniotic membrane
Make an appointment
Please call 210-450-9400 for more information or to make an appointment.