Our team is comprised of four board-certified physicians that have achieved subspecialized training through dedicated nuclear medicine residencies and fellowships such as nuclear radiology.
Advanced nuclear medicine techniques provided:
- White blood cell (WBC) infection imaging with simultaneous acquisition of radiolabeled WBC and bone marrow agent with SPECT subtraction.
- Osteomyelitis Imaging with Hybrid Modality - utilizing single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)/x-ray computed tomography (CT) for 3-D imaging
- Bone scan with multiphase SPECT/CT imaging
- PET/CT Imaging for the detection of malignancy, initial staging, response to therapy and restaging of disease to include lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma), lung, breast, ovarian, cervical, uterine, esophagealcolon cancer and many others.
- Myocardial SPECT Perfusion Imaging for diagnosis of myocardial ischemia and infarction via stress and rest and as needed viability imaging and a gated acquisition for the determination of left ventricular ejection fraction.
- Dopamine Transporter Imaging (DaTscan) for the diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease.
- Brain Perfusion SPECT Imaging for intractable seizure localization with interictal and ictal SPECT brain scans subtraction and MRI image co-registration.
- Comprehensive Nuclear Medicine Endocrine Collaboration and Clinic for diagnostic evaluation and radiotherapy of hyperthyroidism and most thyroid cancers.
- Radiotherapeutic Microspheres for the Treatment of Liver Cancer with SPECT/CT pre-therapy and post therapy imaging. Availability of two different Y-90 beta-emitting microspheres, Y-90 SIR-spheres for a more embolic therapy and Y-90Theraspheres for more specific radiation therapy and segmentectomy.
- Solid Gastric Emptying 4-hour study utilizes the standardized radiolabeled egg meal, simultaneous blood glucose levels and patient symptoms to assess for delayed gastric emptying (gastroparesis) and rapid gastric emptying (functional dyspepsia). Availability of a standardized liquid carbohydrate glucose meal for assessment of carbohydrate gastric emptying.
- Parathyroid Imaging using SPECT/CT Imaging with capability for Parathyroid 4D-CT image fusion for the diagnosis of parathyroid adenomas and improved pre-surgical localization.
- Extensive Research Capabilities in Clinical Nuclear Medicine: Current phase I/II testing of a novel nanoparticle radionuclide therapy for the treatment of glioblastoma. This novel therapy has been developed in our radiology research laboratories and its clinical testing is an example of a bench to bedside initiative.
Make an appointment with a radiology specialist
Please call one of our locations to refer a patient, make an appointment or speak with a radiology specialist.
- Medical Arts & Research Center: 210-450-6000
- University Hospital: 210-358-2725