International Applicant Requirements:
In addition to the specific programmatic requirements for all applicants, international applicants must also meet the requirements of the Office of International Services (OIS). Only degree-seeking applicants are eligible to apply for a student visa status.
- GPA must be reported on a 4.0 scale, if it is not on a 4.0 scale please use the GPA conversion calculator on this page. Then attach the report to your application materials.
- A valid TOEFL/ IELTS score that is less than two years old at the time of submitted application. The minimum TOEFL score for the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is 68 and 6.5 for the academic version of the IELTS. For the application process, we will accept an unofficial document but if accepted and you plan to matriculate into the program you will need to submit all official documentation prior to receiving an official offer of admission.
- Countries exempted from the TOEFL and/or IELTS requirement: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Federated States of Micronesia, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, United Kingdom (all), Trinidad-Tobago, and Virgin Islands.
- Additionally, depending on the program you are applying to (please reference the program’s specific admissions page), if you have completed a degree at a U.S. institution, you may request a waiver. Please note, a completed degree means that at the time of application you have a transcript that indicates your degree has already been conferred. If you are still enrolled in the program you are not eligible for a waiver.
- Transcript Evaluations, for most programs unofficial documents can be used during the application review process, however if accepted official evaluated transcripts from all foreign colleges/ Universities attended from a NACES member must be on file UT Health San Antonio prior to receiving an official offer of admission.