Peer-reviewed Articles (*indicates data-based)
- *McGlothen-Bell K, Recto P, McGrath JM, Brownell E, Cleveland LM. Recovering Together: Mothers' Experiences Providing Skin-to-Skin Care for Their Infants With NAS. Adv Neonatal Care. 2021 Feb 1;21(1):16-22. doi: 10.1097/ANC.0000000000000819. PMID: 33350710.
- *McGrath J.M., Bromiker R., Hanlon A., McGlothen-Bell K., Medoff-Cooper B. (2020, under review) Correlates and Trajectories of Preterm Infant Sucking Patterns and Sucking Organization at Term Age. (2020). Advances in Neonatal Care.
- *Apanovitch AR, McGrath JM, McGlothen-Bell K, Briere CE. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Admission Temperatures of Infants 1500 g or More: The Cold Truth. Adv Neonatal Care. 2020 Aug 19;PubMed PMID: 32826410
- *Recto P, McGlothen-Bell K, McGrath JM, Brownell E, Cleveland LM. The Role of Stigma in the Nursing Care of Families Impacted by Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. Adv Neonatal Care. 2020 Oct;20(5):354-363. PubMed PMID: 32868585.
- *McGlothen-Bell K, Cleveland LM, Recto P, Brownell E, McGrath J. Feeding Behaviors in Infants With Prenatal Opioid Exposure: An Integrative Review. Adv Neonatal Care. 2020 Oct;20(5):374-383. PubMed PMID: 32868587.
- *Cleveland LM, McGlothen-Bell K, Scott LA, Recto P. A life-course theory exploration of opioid-related maternal mortality in the United States. Addiction. 2020 Apr 12;PubMed PMID: 32279394.
- *Diallo AF, McGlothen-Bell K, Lucas R, Walsh S, Allen C, Henderson WA, Cong X, McGrath J. Feeding modes, duration, and diarrhea in infancy: Continued evidence of the protective effects of breastfeeding. Public Health Nurs. 2020 Mar;37(2):155-160. PubMed PMID: 31709650.
- *McGlothen-Bell, K., Cleveland, L., & Pados, B. F. (2019). To Consent, or Not to Consent, That Is the Question. Advances in Neonatal Care, 19(5), 371–375. doi: 10.1097/anc.0000000000000651
- *Pados, B. F., & McGlothen-Bell, K. (2019). Benefits of Infant Massage for Infants and Parents in the NICU. Nursing for Women’s Health, 23(3), 265-271. doi:10.1016/j.nwh.2019.03.004
- *McGlothen, K., & Cleveland, L. (2018). The right to Mother’s milk: A call for social justice that encourages breastfeeding for women receiving medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorder. Journal of Human Lactation, 0890334418789401. doi:10.1177/0890334418789401
- *McGlothen, K., Cleveland, L., & Gill, S. (2018). “I’m doing the best that I can for her”: Infant-feeding decisions of mothers receiving medication-assisted treatment for an opioid use disorder. Journal of Human Lactation, 0890334417745521. 10.1177/0890334417745521
- *Cleveland, L., Bonugli, R., & McGlothen, K. (2016). The mothering experiences of women with substance use disorders. Advances in Nursing Science, 39(2), 119-129. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/ANS.0000000000000118
Non-Peer-reviewed Articles (i. e. editorials, news articles, etc.)
- McGlothen-Bell, K., Browne, JV., Jaeger, CB., & Kenner, C., (2021). Promoting infant mental health in the newborn intensive care unit: Considerations in the time of COVID-19, Advances in Neonatal Care, Editorial, Under Review
- McGlothen-Bell, K. (2019). Together: Changing Your Community and the World...ILCA Annual Conference 18-21, July 2018, Portland, Oregon, United States. Journal of Human Lactation, 35(1), NP1-NP15. https://doi-org.libproxy.uthscsa.edu/10.1177/0890334418810362.
McGlothen, K., & Gill, S. (2017). Increasing Racial Equity/ Breastfeeding Beliefs and Attitudes among Black Americans. In P. Hall Smith, M. Labbok, & B. D. Chambers (Eds.), Breastfeeding, Social Justice, and Equity (pp. 79-86). Amarillo, TX: Praeclarus Press.
Invited Podium Presentations (i. e. keynotes presentations)
- 2021, “Feeding Behaviors in the Opioid Exposed Infant.” GOLD Learning, Online Education
- 2021, “Opioid Use Disorder Treatment for Pregnant Women.” TxMOUD Community of Practice ECHO, San Antonio, TX
- 2020, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Addressing Health Disparities.” Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) Texas Regional Conference, San Antonio, TX
- 2020, “Empowering Breastfeeding in Women Receiving Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder: A Call for Policy Change.” GOLD Learning, Online Education
Peer Reviewed Podium Presentations
- 2018, “Ain’t I a mother:” Infant feeding in mothers participating in methadone maintenance treatment.” American Public Health Association, San Diego, CA
- 2018, “Infant feeding experiences of mothers receiving medication assisted treatment for an opioid use disorder.” 2018 International Lactation Consultant Association Conference, Portland, Oregon
- 2018, “Adolescent Alcohol Use.” 8th Annual Voelcker Biosciences Teacher Academy (VBTA) Spring Conference, San Antonio, TX
- 2017, “Improving nursing care and outcomes for mother-infant dyads impacted by opioid use disorders.” Sigma Theta Tau International's 28th International Nursing Research Congress, Dublin, Ireland
- 2017, “I’m doing the best that I can for her: Infant feeding experiences of mothers receiving medication assisted treatment (MAT) for an opioid use disorder (OUD).” Postpartum Support International Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2017, “Mothers and infants impacted by the opioid epidemic: A call for social justice.” Take Root conference, Norman, OK
- 2016, “Therapeutic techniques for reducing stress and improving attachment in opioid dependent mother-infant dyads.” International Zero to Three Conference, New Orleans, LA
- 2016, “I’m doing the best that I can for her: Infant feeding decision-making in opioid dependent mothers.” Breastfeeding and Feminism Conference, Durham, NC
Peer Reviewed Poster Presentations
- 2020, “Feeding Behaviors in Infants with Prenatal Opioid Exposure: An Integrated Review of the Literature.” 13th Biennial Conference of the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing and Midwifery Advocacy and Policy, Chiang Mai, Thailand (Meeting not held)
- 2020, “Ethical Issues in Informed Consent for the Use of Donor Human Milk in the NICU.” 13th Biennial Conference of the Global Network of WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing and Midwifery Advocacy and Policy, Chiang Mai, Thailand [meeting not held]
- 2020, “An Investigation of Breastfeeding Policies for Women Receiving Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders.” 2020 Human Milk Banking Association of North America Conference, Austin, TX. April 2020 [meeting not held]
- 2019, “An Integrated Review of Feeding Behaviors in Infants with Prenatal Opioid Exposure.” 2019 Advanced Methods Conference: The Expanding Science of Sensor Technology in Research, Washington, D.C
- 2019, “Infant feeding experiences of mothers receiving medication assisted treatment for an opioid use disorder.” 2019 National Association of Neonatal Nurses Conference, Savannah, GA
- 2019, “The Impact of Prenatal Opioid Exposure on the Mother-Infant Dyad.” 2019 Zero to Three Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2017, “I’m doing the best that I can for her: Infant feeding decision-making in mothers impacted by opioid use disorders.” Association for Women’s Health, Obstetrics, and Neonatal Nursing (AWHONN), New Orleans, LA
- 2017, “Infant feeding decision-making in mothers receiving medication assisted treatment for an opioid use disorder.” Behavior, Biology, and Chemistry Conference, San Antonio, TX
- 2016, “Infant feeding decisions among mothers receiving medication assisted treatment (MAT).” National Perinatal Association Annual Conference, Houston, TX
- 2016, “Infant feeding experiences among mothers enrolled in a methadone treatment program: An exploratory, sequential mixed methods study- the initial qualitative phase.” Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) Conference, San Antonio, TX