Peer-reviewed Articles (*indicates data-based)
- Guarnero, P. A. & Flaskerud, J. H. (2014). Health and health research need of the LGBTI community. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 35, 721-723
- Morales, Y. M. & Guarnero, P. A. (2014). Non-suicidal self-injury among adult males in a correctional setting. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 35(8), 628-634.
- Guarnero, P. A. (2013). Latino young men and health promotion, emerging adulthood, and acculturation: A qualitative exploration. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 34, 796-802.
- Guarnero, P. A. & Flaskerud, J. H. (2008). Latino gay men and depression. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 29(6), 667-670.
- Kim, S., Koniak-Griffin D. Flaskerud, J. H. & Guarnero, P. A. (2004). The impact of lay health advisors on cardiovascular health promotion. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 19(3), 192-199.
- Guarnero, P. A. (2004). Family and community influences on the social and sexual lives of Latino gay men. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 18, 12-18.
Non-Peer-reviewed Articles (i. e. editorials, news articles, etc.)
- Guarnero, P. A. (2019). Mexicans. In J. G. Lipson & S. Dibble (Eds). Culture and clinical care (3rd ed., pp. 363-378). Dibble, Hayre-Kwan, Lipson.
- Guarnero, P. A. (2013). Mexicans. In J. G. Lipson & S. Dibble (Eds). Culture and clinical care (2nd ed., pp. 330-342). UCSF Press.
Invited Podium Presentations (i. e. keynotes presentations)
- 2016, Gender & Sexual Minority Youth: Nursing Implications, 14th Annual Conference Texas School Nurses’ Organization San Antonio, TX.
- 2013, LGBTQI San Antonio Healthcare Needs Assessment, Passport 2015: A Journey through Basic & Clinical Research, Quality Improvement & Patient Safety, San Antonio, TX.
- 2013, Collaborative Community Assessment of Health Concerns with Young Men of Color. Creating a Shared Future of Nursing, Research, Practice, and Education: Building Collaborative Relationships via Community Partnership Model Action Phases: Western Institute of Nursing Anaheim, CA.
- 2009, HIV/AIDS in Hispanic Men Who Have Sex with Men., "Our Lives, Our Health and Our Community: The Impact of HIV/AIDS on Hispanics", The Association of Nurses in AIDS Care 20th Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- 2009, HIV/AIDS in the Latino community., Symposium session at the NCEMNA Fifth Annual Conference: Creating Research Careers: Leading the Way, Albuquerque, NM.
Peer Reviewed Poster Presentations
- 2016, Intersectionality of LGBT communities: Gateways to New Understandings, 34th GLMA Annual Conference on LGBT Health, St. Louis, MO
- 2012, Understanding Health Promotion Behaviors among Young Men of Color. 2012 WIN Conference, Portland, OR
- 2012, Latino/Hispanic Young Men: Health Beliefs, Acculturation & Emerging Adulthood. 2012 WIN Conference, Portland, OR.
- 2011, Recruiting and Enrolling Doubly Vulnerable Populations, WIN Conference, Las Vegas, NV.