Charleen Moore, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Cell Systems and Anatomy
Dr. Moore is a Past-President of the American Cytogenetics Conference and hosted the national meeting in San Antonio in 2012. Her research activities have centered on characterizing human cytogenetic abnormalities and carrying out comparative cytogenetic studies in non-human primates, including the baboon and macaque, in which she has described analogous chromosomal rearrangements to human cytogenetic abnormalities. Recent studies have been related to the development of spontaneous tumors, to environmental conditions, fibrous dysplasia, and fetal loss (Moore, Dick et al., 2011).
- Sakaguchi A, Bartanuszova M, Williams E, Moore C. (2014) The Anterior Abdominal Wall: A Self-Study Paper Model MedEdPORTAL; 2014.
- Dao V, Yeh PH, Vogel KS, Moore CM. (2014) Applied neuroanatomy elective to reinforce and promote engagement with neurosensory pathways using interactive and artistic activities. Anat Sci Educ. 2014 Jun 11.
- Williams V, Bartanuszova M, Rahimi OB, Moore CM: A rare variant of the great cardiac vein.International Journal of Anatomical Variations (IJAV) 6:112-124, 2013.
- Bauer C, Dunn BG, Brothman AR, Dick EJ Jr, Christensen C, Voges A, Moore CM. (2012) Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia in a cynomolgus Macaque (Macaca fascicularis). Comp Med. 2012 Apr;62(2):142-8.
- Velagaleti GVN, Moore CM: Role of array comparative genomic hybridization in investigation of cytogenetic causes of pregnancy loss. Special Perinatal Pathology Issue. Pathology Case Reviews 16:214-221, 2011. doi: 10.1097/PCR.0b013e3182298817.
- Moore CM, Lowe C, Lawrence J, Borchers P. (2011) Developing observational skills and knowledge of anatomical relationships in an art and anatomy workshop using plastinated specimens. Anat Sci Educ. 2011 Sep-Oct;4(5):294-301.
- Moore CM, Dick EJ Jr, Hubbard GB, Gardner SM, Dunn BG, Brothman AR, Williams V, Prajapati SI, Keller C, Davis MD. (2011) Craniorachischisis and omphalocele in a stillborn cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis). Am J Med Genet A. 2011 Jun;155A(6):1367-73.
- Moore CM, Brown CM. (2007) Experiencing Body Worlds: voyeurism, education, or enlightenment? J Med Humanit. 2007 Dec;28(4):231-54.
Scroll table right to view more
Ph.D. University of Tennessee, 1971