Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Travel Awards
The Graduate Dean has established a mechanism for supporting qualified Doctoral and Master's Students' travel to national scientific meetings for the presentation of their research:
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) is now accepting applications for the Spring 2022 GSBS Travel Awards. This year the committee will entertain applications for in-person as well as virtual conferences. Applications should be submitted to Maricruz Alcauter (email@example.com) by 5 PM on November 15. A maximum of $1,500 will be allotted for each awardee. Two awards will be provided for each application cycle.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in a Doctoral or Master’s Program offered by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must have successfully completed the program qualifying exam and applied for admission to candidacy for the Ph.D. or M.S. degree.
- GSBS Travel Award cover sheet
- CV or Biosketch in NIH format must include all sources of funding the student received (current & past funding)
- One-paragraph statement identifying the benefits to be gained from attending the intended conference and the effects on the student’s career goals
- Unofficial UT Health San Antonio transcript
- Abstract of presentation
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the Supervising Professor
Use the following hyperlink to access this award application checklist in a pdf format.
- Application and required documentation will be reviewed by the GSBS Awards Committee.
- Awardees will be notified by the Dean’s Office in December.
- The Dean’s Office will coordinate with the department administrator to distribute the reimbursement of travel-related expenditures up to $1,500.
*GSBS Travel Awards are only awarded once during a graduate student’s tenure*