Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Travel Awards
The Graduate Dean has established a mechanism for supporting qualified Doctoral and Master's Students' travel to national scientific meetings for the presentation of their research:
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) is now accepting applications for the Summer 2022 GSBS Travel Awards. This year the committee will entertain applications for in-person as well as virtual conferences. Applications should be submitted to Maricruz Alcauter (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 PM on June 1st. A maximum of $1,500 will be allotted for each awardee. Two awards will be provided for each application cycle.
• Be enrolled full-time in a Doctoral or Master’s Program offered by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
• Be in good academic standing.
• Have successfully completed the program qualifying exam and applied for admission to candidacy for the Ph.D. or M.S. degree.
• Students must be presenting at Conference.
• GSBS Travel Award cover sheet
• CV or Biosketch in NIH format must include all sources of funding the student received (current & past funding)
• one-paragraph statement identifying the benefits to be gained from attending the intended conference and the effects on the student’s career goals
• Unofficial UT Health San Antonio transcript
• Abstract of presentation
• Letter of Support from Supervising Professor
Use the following hyperlink to access this award application checklist in a pdf format.
• Application and required documentation will be reviewed by the GSBS Awards Committee.
• Awardees will be notified by the Dean’s Office at the end of June.
• The Dean’s Office will coordinate with the department administrator to distribute the reimbursement of travel-related expenditures up to $1,500.
*GSBS Travel Awards are only awarded once during a graduate student’s tenure*