Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Travel Awards
The Graduate Dean has established a mechanism for supporting qualified Doctoral and Master's Students' travel to national scientific meetings for the presentation of their research:
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) is now accepting applications for the Spring 2023 GSBS Travel Awards. This year the committee will entertain applications for in-person as well as virtual conferences. Awardees will receive up to $1,500 to help defray expenses related to attending a scientific conference.
- Dates of conference must fall between March 1st‐ June 30th, 2023
- Enrolled full‐time in a Doctoral or Master’s Program offered by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- In good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Submitted an abstract for a talk or poster
- GSBS Travel Award Form
- Personal Statement: “How will attending this conference support your professional personal growth?”
- Statement of Support from Mentor
- CV or Biosketch in NIH format
- Abstract of presentation
- Documentation of Abstract Submission
• Application and required documentation will be reviewed by the GSBS Awards Committee.
• Awardees will be notified by the Dean’s Office at the end of February.
• The Dean’s Office will coordinate with the department administrator to distribute the reimbursement of travel-related expenditures up to $1,500.
*Late, incomplete, or submission of applications in which the conference does not fall between March 1st and June 30th, will not be accepted.*
*GSBS Travel Awards are only awarded once during a graduate student’s tenure*