The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is proud to partner with the Texas Higher Education Board in helping students develop and build on skills employers value and seek out in job candidates.
Certificate in Translational Science Marketable Skills:
1. Conduct independent and team-oriented research to improve human and global health.
2. Integrate information from multiple domains.
3. Investigate methods to move discovery more efficiently and effectively into application.
4. Apply and advance research-generated discoveries in the laboratory to research trials in human subjects.
5. Respond, interact, facilitate change, and conduct research within and among varied organizational behaviors, structures, and cultures.
6. Conduct research that promotes the adoption of best practices in clinical practice settings, the community, and policy development.
7. Apply research findings towards disease prevention and management.
8. Develop strategies to improve human, community, and global health.
The Office of Career Development
UT Health San Antonio graduate students have access to the GSBS Office of Career Development (OCD). The OCD provides career and professional development training opportunities including individual meetings/career counseling, workshops & seminars. The OCD also works with the Graduate School’s Career Advisory Council and provides career exploration talks. The OCD provides graduate students a framework to discover next steps in their career along with resources to encourage and prepare graduate students for the future.