UT Health San Antonio PREP is designed to strengthen participants’ research skills and competitiveness to pursue a Ph.D in a biomedically relevant field. Our program is structured so that participants can conduct research in a mentored environment and participate in professional development and educational programs.
- $26,000 annual salary
- Tuition and fees covered for up to two courses
- Support for one national recruitment conference (SACNAS or ABRCMS)
- Standard health insurance
The 2022-2023 application will open in November 2021
We will open applications for the 2022-2023 Program in early November and the application will close in early March. Our online application is free for all applicants. All applications to the Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) are reviewed and evaluated by the PREP Advisory Committee. Selected applicants will be invited to interview via Zoom or MS Teams.
Eligibility requirements for the PREP have been outlined by the NIH and are linked for reference. If you do not meet the outlined requirements, your application cannot be considered. Questions or concerns should be directed to the program coordinator for the PREP at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required to be admitted into the PREP, however if you have taken the test we welcome self-reported scores in your application.
- Personal Statement
The applicant must submit an essay that describes previous research and teaching experiences and explain how those sparked your passion for science.
Top qualified candidates will be invited to interview (via Zoom, or MS Teams) between February and April.
- Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required. Letters should be from individuals who have information regarding academic, research, and professional accomplishments of the applicant that are predictive of success in pursing research. The most valuable letters of recommendation are from individuals who can provide insights that expand upon and enhance information found in official academic documents.
- Background Checks
UT Health San Antonio requires that applicants to all graduate programs undergo security and criminal background checks prior to making an official offer.
- Immunization Requirements
UT Health San Antonio is committed to protecting the health and safety of our patients, employees, patient and employee family members, and the community as a whole by providing consistent testing and immunization standards for all individuals who are offered positions of employment or training within UT Health San Antonio.
The Immunization Requirements are applicable to faculty, employees, fellows, post-docs, visiting scientists or clinicians and volunteers of UT Health San Antonio who are offered a position or are participating in a program that requires:
- Any patient or research subject contact; or
- Potential exposure to human blood or body fluids as part of an applicant’s involvement with research or patient care;
- Individuals involved with animal contact or animal blood or body fluids are to follow the current Animal Work-related Occupational Health Policy regarding immunization requirements.
- A pre-employment Pre-Hire Adult Immunization and Testing Form must be completed for any applicant, internal or external, who is under final consideration, following the normal screening and selection processes.
- Immunization requirements are based on current regulations, guidelines and recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required to be admitted into the PREP, however if you have taken the test we welcome self-reported scores in your application.
For more information, please call 210-567-3709 or email us at email@example.com.