Stanton McHardy, PhD
Adjuct Associate Professor
Dr. McHardy’s lab and the CIDD are focused on medicinal chemistry research in the design, synthesis and development of small molecule compounds across multiple therapeutic disease areas. Currently funded programs are focused on the development of novel small molecules for breast, ovarian and brain cancers, metabolic diseases, Schistosomiasis, biofilm inhibition and dengue virus. The lab also focuses on the development of new synthetic methodologies for the synthesis of drug-like compounds and natural products.
- Tyrosine phosphorylation regulates ERβ ubiquitination, protein turnover, and inhibition of breast cancer”, Bin Yuan, Long Cheng, Qinong Ye, Kshama Gupta, Huai-Chin Chiang, Yanfen Hu, Rong Li, Harshita B. Gupta, Kate Lathrop, Richard Elledge, Tyler J. Curiel, Gangadhara R. Sareddy, Ratna Vadlamudi, Degeng Wang, Pei Wang and Stanton F. McHardy, Oncotarget, 2016, Ahead of Print.
- “Targeting Candida albicans filamentation for antifungal drug development”, Taissa Vila, Jesus A Romo, Stephen P. Saville, Jose L. Lopez-Ribot, Christopher G. Pierce and Stanton F. McHardy, Virulence, 2016, 1-9.
- “Molecular dynamics study of human carbonic anhydrase II in complex with Zn2+ and acetazolamide on the basis of all-atom force field simulations”, Thierry O. Wambo, Liao Y. Chen, Stanton F. McHardy and Andrew T. Tsin, Biophysical Chemistry, 2016, 214-215, 54-60.
- “A novel small molecule inhibitor of Candida albicans biofilm formation, filamentation and virulence with low potential for the development of resistance”, Christopher G Pierce, Ashok K Chaturvedi, Anna L Lazzell, Alexander T Powell, Stephen P Saville, Stanton F McHardy and Jose L Lopez-Ribot. NPJ Biofilms and Microbiomes, 2015, 15012.
- “Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Novel, Nonquaternary Reactivators of GF-Inhibited Human Acetylcholinesterase”, Stanton F. McHardy, Jonathan A Bohmann, Michael R Corbett, Bismarck Campos, Michael W Tidwell, Paul M Thompson, Chris J Bemben, Tony A Menchaca, Tony E Reeves, William R Cantrell, Jr, William E Bauta, Ambrosio Lopez, Donald M Maxwell, Karen M Brecht, Richard E Sweeney, John McDonough, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2014, 24, 1711-1714.