Immunology & Infection Marketable Skills and Career Paths
The Master of Science in Immunology & Infection at UT Health San Antonio is proud to provide its graduates with the fundamental skills to move into a rewarding career in the field of their choice. While many graduates pursue higher education after finishing their MS degree, others have made their home in applied laboratory research and industry positions making an impact all over the US. What will your next step be after the MS in Immunology & Infection?
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is proud to partner with the Texas Higher Education Board in helping students develop and build on skills employers value and seek out in job candidates.
Master of Science in Immunology & Infection Marketable Skills:
1. Management of Existing Research Data & Information
2. Identify, evaluate, integrate and interpret scientific literature and relevant databases.
3. Project Development & Execution
5. Synthesis of experimental approaches for testing hypotheses
6. Professional Collaboration
7. Time-management and organizational skills
9. Oral Communication
10. Defend particular interpretations and conclusions.
11. Written Communication
12. Effective independent work habits
Graduates of the MS I&I degree program will compete effectively for:
- Entry-level, mid-level, and leadership positions in research and clinical laboratories, as well as in the teaching workforce.
- Positions that expect a broad deep knowledge base.
- Positions that require real-world problem-solving (research) skills.
- Positions that require employees who are prepared to become immediately productive.
- Positions in 2-year community colleges that more and more are requiring instructors in the biological sciences to have master’s degrees.
- Highly competitive positions in M.D., D.D.S. and Ph.D. training programs.
The Office of Career Development
UT Health San Antonio graduate students have access to the GSBS Office of Career Development (OCD). The OCD provides career and professional development training opportunities including individual meetings/career counseling, workshops & seminars. The OCD also works with the Graduate School’s Career Advisory Council and provides career exploration talks. The OCD provides graduate students a framework to discover next steps in their career along with resources to encourage and prepare graduate students for the future.