Cell Biology, Genetics and Molecular Medicine Career Opportunities
The Cell Biology, Genetics and Molecular Medicine (CGM) discipline provides students with a comprehensive foundation in science and interdisciplinary training that can be utilized for future career development in more specialized areas of biomedical research and education.
Typical employment outcomes for our graduates include:
- Research and/or teaching faculty positions at a major university or medical school
- Research scientist in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Research scientist at a government or military research laboratory
Non-research-intensive career outcomes may include:
- College-level teaching
- Scientific publishing
- Science policy, management and administration
- Academic administration
- Patent law
- Science journalism, and many more
The field of Cell Biology, Genetics, & Molecular Medicine research is always growing. A good employment resource is the American Society for Cell Biology Career Resources.