Personalized Molecular Medicine Admission Requirements
Application Admissions Deadlines
Priority Deadline: April 1
Final Deadline: May 31 (extensions considered on a case-by-case basis)
Ms. Magdalene Madla, Academic Programs Coordinator
Program Admission Requirements
The admission requirements for the Personalized Molecular Medicine (PMM) degree program align with the general requirements of the UTHSCSA Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. All of the required application information, including Official Transcripts from all institutions attended, must be submitted in order for an applicant to be considered by the PMM program Admissions Committee. In general, students should have a sufficient educational background in the biological or biochemical sciences prior to admission to the program. The following minimal requirements will be applied:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in the United States or proof of an equivalent degree and training at a foreign institution.
- Required prior coursework: 2 years of biological science for science majors with labs; Organic and inorganic chemistry with labs; 1 semester calculus (exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis). Highly recommended: 1 year physics; Analytical chemistry with lab; biochemistry; molecular biology or genetics.
- Minimal grade point average (GPA): No lower than B (e.g., 3.0 in a 4.0 system).
- GRE or MCAT: the GRE or MCAT is required, but there is no minimum score. Scores on GRE or MCAT tests taken more than five years prior to the date of application are not acceptable.
- Minimal TOEFL scores: For applicants from countries where English is not the native language, a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is 84 (internet test) is expected.
- Letters of recommendation (three) attesting to the applicant's readiness for graduate level studies. These letters should be submitted with the online application to the GSBS.
- Research experience is not required, but will be considered.