Executive Director at San Antonio Angel Investor Network
Chris Burney is the Executive Director of the San Antonio Angel Network (SAAN). Chris is a native San Antonian who returned home permanently after spending 10 years living on the East Coast. He is passionate about investing in and advising companies building the San Antonio economy of tomorrow. Prior to joining SAAN, Chris spent four years at Rackspace where he held roles on the operational and strategic finance teams.
During his free time, Chris enjoys exploring new events and locales in the San Antonio area with his wife and two young girls.
Chris holds an undergraduate degree from Duke University and an MBA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has also held roles at J.P. Morgan and Thomson Reuters in New York City.
- 4 years in investment banking / sales & trading in NYC
- 4 years in strategic & operational finance at Rackspace
- Passionate about growing and investing in startups in San Antonio
- Developing business plans
- Startup strategic direction
- Raising money from investors
- Pitch decks
- Financial reporting/forecasting