Graduate school can be tough. The Graduate Student Association is here to make things a bit easier for you.
The GSA is a student-led organization with the sole purpose providing assistance for career development, organizing social events for the graduate student body, and addressing key issues that can have a direct effect on your life as a graduate student.
Email email@example.com with questions, comments or concerns.
- Faculty Advisor – Marcus Webster
- Treasurer – Katie Lillis
- Student Ambassador – Alex McCoy
- Secretary – Hannah Elam;
- Vice President – Rob Seaman
- President – Simon Levy
Visit the GSA website
The transitions and adjustments to a life away from home are stressful and can be often overwhelming! The Graduate Student International Club is a student-led resource support group for international students at UT Health San Antonio. The purpose of this group is to best guide and assist the current and incoming international students by providing resources that allow them to successfully transition to life in the USA with the overall goal of improving and making a productive study atmosphere on campus. One of the major purposes of the Graduate Student International Club is to help international students with the initial transition to the life in the USA by providing services like airport pickups, hosting international students, information resources for housing, utilities and social activities. The Graduate Student International Club organizes sociocultural events that are aimed at fostering collaboration and networking between students from diverse backgrounds to help them achieve their social, educational and professional goals. To learn more, email Graduate Student International Club, email Hema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President – Hema Manogna Gudlavalleti
- Vice President – Rathipriya Viswanathan
- Treasurer – Subash Khadka
- Faculty Advisor – Dr. Nicquet Blake
The Society for Advancement of Hispanics/Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) is a society of scientists dedicated to fostering the success of Hispanic/Chicano and Native American scientists from college students to professionals to attain advanced degrees, careers and positions of leadership. The UT Health San Antonio chapter works to organize campus and community activities to promote the scientific and personal development of its members.
Email SACNASatUTHSCSA@gmail.com to join the chapter or be part of the email list.
- President – Allison Hester
- Vice President – Jose Gutierrez
- Secretary – Courtney Johnson
- Treasurer – Andrea Salinas
- National Liaison Communications Director – Manpreet Semwal
- Historian – Denisse Paredes
- Faculty Advisors – Dr. Nicquet Blake & Dr. Alexander Pertsemlidis
To represent and unite all UT Health San Antonio students; To provide for and enhance communication and interaction between the students of the five schools, the students and faculty, the students and administration, and the students and institutions of higher education throughout Texas; To further communication and relationships between UT Health San Antonio and the community; To advise and assist the administration in reaching decision on policy that concerns the students of UT Health San Antonio; To assist in broadening the intellectual, cultural, and recreational opportunities and capabilities of the student body; To assist the administration in the expenditure of Student Service Activity Fees and all other compulsory fees.
If you would like to learn more, email Samantha Yee at YeeS@livemail.uthscsa.edu.
- President 19-20 – Tristan Fielder
- Vice President 19-20 – Keerthi Thallapureddy
- Secretary 19-20 – Helen Fleck
- Treasurer 19-20 – Samantha Yee
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Representatives - Nema Bassiri, Myrna Garcia, Meilinn Tram, Pooja Yadav, Stephanie Fedorchak, James Hsu
- Faculty Advisor - Ellyse Sanchez
The Biomedical Engineering Graduate Society at San Antonio (BMEGS-SA) is a new graduate student organization that was created to represent the interests of biomedical engineering graduate students in the Joint Graduate Program at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) / The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio). The primary goals of BMEGS-SA are to promote professional and personal relationships among graduate students and faculty, to provide an outlet for voicing concerns, and to contribute to professional growth and education about research, industry careers, and other opportunities. BMEGS-SA meets once a month to discuss upcoming and tentative events such as volunteer opportunities, career development, workshops, lab or industry tours, social events, etc. It is open to all graduate students who are interested in the field of biomedical engineering. If you would like more information on joining this great new student organization, please contact them at email@example.com.
- Chair – Tina Rodgers
- Assistant Chair – Alia Mallah
- Assistant Chair – Jacob Brown
- Treasurer – Jose Trevino
- Communications Chair – Francisca Acosta
- MS Student Rep – Frances Arnold
- Social Chair – Rohini Thevi
- Faculty Advisors – Dr. Eric Brey and Dr. Jean Jiang
The Women in Science: Development, Outreach, and Mentoring Group (WISDOM) is a community to help support women scientists. Our goals include community outreach and peer-level support for trainees, in hopes of inspiring young women to enter STEM and supporting those of us who have already chosen that career path.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Read an article about the Women in Science Group
- President – Grace Porter
- Vice President – Alexandra (Allie) Sharp
- Secretary – Katherine (Katie) Lillis
- Treasurer – Alexandra (Alex) McCoy
- Outreach Chair – Petra Jans
- Historian – Liliana Espinoza Ornelas
- Faculty Advisor – Dr. Susan Mooberry
A new organization at UT Health San Antonio created to serve as a resource to Black students as a support system to help students matriculate through graduate studies by providing a relatable community to aid in academic excellence.
If you would like to join the group, please email Kymberly Wimberly at WimberlyK@livemail.uthscsa.edu.
- President – Kymberly Wimberly
- Vice President – Kayla Newman
- Secretary – Tiffani Houston
- Treasurer – Allison Hester
- Historian – Denisse Paredes
- Primary Faculty Advisor – Dr. Nicquet Blake
- Secondary Faculty Advisor –Dr. Babatunde Oyajobi