Allison is a graduate student in the Clinical Investigation and Translational Science program with an expected graduation date of December 2020. Since graduating with a BS in Biology from UT Austin in 2015, Allison has worked full time as a Research Area Specialist and Research Coordinator within the Urology Department at UT Health San Antonio. While Allison oversees the coordination of Dr. Michael Liss’ clinical research focusing on prostate cancer, her research focuses on the factors influencing research subject compliance and retention to research studies.
Research Topic: Research Subject Compliance and Retention
- Rajendran R, Iffrig K, Pruthi D, Wheeler A, Neuman B, Kaushik D, et al. Initial Evaluation of Computer-Assisted Radiologic Assessment for Renal Mass Edge Detection as an Indication of Tumor Roughness to Predict Renal Cancer Subtypes. Advances in Urology. 2019;2019:1-8.
- Michael L, Allison S, Shane B, Andrea Y, Evenki S, Brian W. LBA4 IMPLEMENTATION OF A NOVEL POINT OF CARE PCR TEST TO GUIDE ANTIBIOTIC PROPHYLAXIS PRIOR TO TRANSRECTAL PROSTATE BIOPSY. J Urol. 2018;199(4):e578.
- Liss MA, Sherrill A, Barney S, Yunes A, Sokurenko E, Wickes B. Prospective Implementation of a Point-of-Care PCR-Based Detection Method to Guide Antibiotic Use Prior to Prostate Biopsy Compared to Targeted Prophylaxis and Physician Choice. Urology. 2019 Jul;129:87-91.
- Liss MA, Leach RJ, Rourke E, Sherrill A, Johnson-Pais T, Lai Z, et al. Microbiome diversity in carriers of fluoroquinolone resistant Escherichia coli. Investig Clin Urol. 2019 Mar;60(2):75-83.
- Liss* Michael, Kelley R, Allison W, Azaneth A, Timothy T. MP77-02 ANTIBIOTIC SELECTION USING NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING VERSUS URINE CULTURE FOR STEWARDSHIP PRIOR TO SURGERY USING AN INTERPROFESSIONAL MODEL. J Urol. 2019;201:e1131-2.
Interprofessional Leadership Scholar
Clinical Trial Training for Clinical Research Associates Certificate
B.S., Biology, University of Texas at Austin, 2015