Cody Black, Pharm.D.
Cody Black, Pharm.D.. is a first-year graduate student studying infectious diseases under the mentorship of Dr. Grace Lee. Cody studies genomic and molecular mechanisms of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria. He plans to pursue research-focused faculty positions that allow him to translate basic infectious disease research into bedside applications.
Hills R, Pontefract B, Mishcon H, Black C, Sutton S, Theberge C. “Gut Microbiome: Profound Implications for Diet and Disease.” Nutrients 2019, 11, 1613.
Houseknecht KL, Bouchard CC, Black CA. “Elucidating the Mechanism(s) Underlying Antipsychotic- and Antidepressant-Mediated Fractures.” J. Mental Health & Clin Psychology, (2017) 1(1): 9-13
Hills R, Fosso-Tande J, Black C. “Model Assessment and Simulation of Lipid-Protein Interactions.” Biophysical Journal, 2017, 112(3): 528a.
Fosso-Tande J, Black C, Aller S, Lu L, and Hills R. “Simulation of lipid-protein interactions with the CgProt force field.” AIMS Mol Sci, 2017, 4(3): 352-369.
Standler C, Overson G, Black C, Rocabado G, and Howard B. “Use of the Bruker AXS SMART BREEZE™ System for Macromolecular X-ray Data Collection.” Am. J. Undergrad. Res, 2016 Vol. 13. Issue 4.
Pharm.D., Doctorate of Pharmacy, University of New England, 2018
Associate of Science, Dixie State University, 2012
- B. Berard Mathews Endowed Scholarship, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Pharmaceutical Science Excellence in Research Award, UNE College of Pharmacy, Portland, ME
- Interprofessional Honors Distinction, UNE College of Pharmacy, Portland, ME
- Best Poster Award, Maine Pharmacy Association Meeting, Portland, ME
- Rho Chi Honor Society Membership, UNE College of Pharmacy, Portland, ME