Victoria Bry is a Ph.D. student in the Radiological Sciences Program and plans to defend her dissertation in Spring of 2022. Under the mentorship of Dr. Karl Rasmussen, her graduate school studies have been focused on the medical physics of radiation therapy for cancer treatments. The aim of her research is to improve the quality and accuracy of radiotherapy brain and spine treatments through clinical implementation of an optical surface guided imaging system at UT Health San Antonio Mays, MD Anderson Cancer Center. After finishing her Ph.D., she plans to apply for a physics residency to become an American Board of Radiology certified Medical Physicist. She hopes to work at an academic institution and continue research as an independent investigator in pediatric radiation oncology.
Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, dancing, and Orangetheory
- K. Rasmussen, V. Bry, N. Papanikolaou. Chapter 3: Technical Overview and Features of the C-RAD Catalyst and Sentinel 4D-CT Systems In “Surface Guided Radiation Therapy.” Edited by J. Hoisak, A. Paxton, B. Waghorn, T. Pawlicki. CRC Press; Boca Raton, FL.
- R. Kaderka, R. Mundt, N. Li, V. Bry,M. Cornell, and K. Moore. Best in Therapy Physics:Manual Plan Refinement Offers Little to No Improvement Over Knowledge-Based Automated Plans Across Multiple Disease Sites (2018). Medical Physics, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. E626-E626.
- R. Kaderka, R. Mundt, N. Li, V. Bry, M. Cornell, and K. Moore. Measuring the Impact of Widespread Clinical Adoption of Knowledge-Based Planning (2018). International Journal of Radiation Oncology -Biology - Physics 102, no. 3 e527-e528.
- 2019 American Association of Physicists in Medicine Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX. General ePoster Discussion: V. Bry, J. McCulloch, J. Rembish, N. Papanikolaou, R. Crownover, N. Kirby, D. Saenz, P. Myers, S. Stathakis, and K. Rasmussen. Comparing the Accuracy of Surface Guided Imaging to Orthogonal X-Rays for Stereotactic Radiosurgery. In Medical Physics, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. E567-E567.
- J. McCulloch, V. Bry, N. Papanikolaou, D. Saenz, P. Myers, N. Kirby, S. Stathakis, and K. Rasmussen. Quantifying the Effect of Eye Movement On Surface Guided Imaging for Stereotactic Radiosurgery (2019). In Medial Physics, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. E335-E335.
- R. Kaderka, R. Mundt, N. Li, B. Ziemer, V. Bry, M. Cornell, and K. Moore. Automated Closed-and Open-Loop Validation of Knowledge-Based Planning Routines Across Multiple Disease Sites. Practical Radiation Oncology (2019).
B.A., Physics, Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, 2016